Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if Technical is the right place for this but i'm sure the administator/moderater will pop along if its wrong.

Always a talking point 185/55/16 and continentals being fast wearing and expensive, i was in need of a set tyres after my 1st MOT last week so thought i would take some time and have a look around.
Found FALKEN ZE912's @ £75 a corner inclusive of fitting and balance, not sure if anyone else has tried these. First impession all is fine,they are almost a copy of the continental design as far as tread pattern is concerned and i'm more than happy with the price.

Tyres were supplied and fitted at Berkeley MOT Service Ltd, Bath Road, Cranford, Middlesex

·
Registered
167 Posts
Keep us posted pal I'm soon to be buying two for my wife's Note and will be getting the Falkens which seem to be a good mid range tyre at a good price. Sound like you got them at a good deal including fitting etc....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had 5 days with the Falken tyres in a real mix of weather conditions, i'm happy with them infact they even seem a bit quieter on a regular motorway run.

http://www.falkentyres-uk.com/

Above link for dealer locations if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Talking about tyresIhad a pair of 'Forceum' tyres put on the Note a week or so back, even though they are a budget tyre I'm really happy with the performance, great in the wet and seem quieter too. At £46 each I was well happy

Izzy

·
Registered
58 Posts
wishmaster said:
Talking about tyres I had a pair of 'Forceum'  tyres put on the Note a week or so back, even though they are a budget tyre I'm really happy with the performance, great in the wet and seem quieter too. At £46 each I was well happy

Izzy
Interesting! Was that an Independant tyre business or a high street 'name'?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been using 195/50r16 on mine which offers a bit more choice. The circumference is the same as the 185/55r16, and they fit the rims just fine. Something to consider for you...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
coolhands said:
I have been using 195/50r16 on mine which offers a bit more choice. The circumference is the same as the 185/55r16, and they fit the rims just fine. Something to consider for you...

Hate to be a pedant but be wary that this doesn't affect your insurance as a 'non-standard' tyre.

God forbid you should have a prang but some jobsworth assessor may notice and refuse/reduce the claim as they often do for after-market alloys etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It been discussed a lot on motoring site pistonheads, and apparently it is not true that insurance companies will (or even can) refuse to pay out - there are no cases of this ever happening. In other words, it appears to be an urban myth; you do not have to stay with the manufacturers recommendations (otherwise we'd never be allowed to even change the brand of tyre).

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
No urben myth.

My daughter's car was hit while parked outside the house by some stupid cow sending a text!!

The assessor visited and noted that 'the car had been modified' and that this 'was not recorded on the aplication' - she puchased the car with after-market alloys and low profile tyres on it.

As she was blameless he was 'minded to ignore it' as it was 'not a contributory factor'.

The claim was settled but her premium rose by, IIRC, £48 a year!

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Was that down to the after market wheels, or the tyres Nigel. Insurance companies will always find a way of not paying out, if possible.

With any mods to the original car, always notify the insurance company........then watch your premiums go up......maybe.

BUT......in the event of that rare accident, you should be covered.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Don't really know Boysie.

The point was though that the alloys did not look too different from the steel wheels with covers. Just that the assessor went over the car (bog standard otherwise) with a fine tooth comb (including bonnet up) to assess rear offside damage while the vehicle was parked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
My 1st post.

I have also just had Forceum Hexa fitted @£60 a wheel all in.

First impression is favourable, not noisy and ride good, have to see about wear. I got 22k out of my Conti's.

Do not live far from last poster with Forceums. I am hoping he paid extra for fitting or I may have been "done".
But am happy with them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, got my pair of Forceum's from an independent tyre shop in Pontypridd. So far so good.Izzy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts