Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a 1.6 Tekna automatic 2007 57 plate with 185 55 16 (the originals) Continental brand tyres. The fronts are getting low and have just started looking around but thought it would be better for any suggestions from fellow Note owners on what to purchase.Not too fussed about the cost but want them to last, my wife uses the car but only for school run, shops etc and me now and again on bigger faster roads.
After tyres that will last and that are quiet with good wet and dry capability.
Suggestions much appreciated from your fellow proud Note owner BOBBYBINGO.

PS These cars are so good and overlooked by soooooo many!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes.. it would be good to consolidate opinions on folks choices of replacement tyres, especially as there are now alternative to the original Contis !!

Folk who have gone for something different .... tell us what? Comment on longevity, grip, wear and noise levels (Im talking tyres... not wives
)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Tommo56, good idea could do with some idea on what to buy, the next set of tyres x 2 (front) that I buy for our 1.6 auto Note will be the first ones I've bought. Have had our Note since Feb 11 and to say I'm a tight arse when it comes to motoring is an understatement.The one other thing is that I cant bring myself to trust anyone in the motoring industry, sales, parts, mechanics or just about anyone and tend to wait for my cars when having any work carried out so that I can see it being done. If i cant wait for my motor and observe the work being carried out I always check that the work has been done, such as checking the air filter, see that the oil filter has been changed and the oil is clean. Its good to equip yourself with a basic idea to check such things as we are charged huge amounts of money to keep our cars on the road when lots of the time the work is not done, its also very satisfying to catch some of the big garages out when work has not been done and then play holy hell with the manager in front of an army of other customers. Lets face it some of the pain in the bum jobs such as pollen filter changes are awkward but easy enough to do and easy enough to leave but charge customers.

I wonder if we can name and shame on here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts