Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've recently brought a second hand 2014 Nissan note
I am enjoying driving it as had a Peugeot 107 before!
I am just wondering where the sticker is which tells me how much air should be in each tyre? I've checked the door panels (all of them) and the petrol locking cap.
I couldn't see anything and a google search advises 33 in each tyre, does this sound right??

Also I've found a spare tyre with Jack on amazon for £120 does this seem reasonable? I do have the liquid for the tyres but would prefer a spare.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
102 Posts
We bought a spare for our 2015 Note never used it, still in the shed. Advertised it on here with the winter tyres, they sold but as I say its still in the shed unused and unloved,

Its the correct size and fit for cars with either 15" or 16" wheels and fits in the boot with no loss of space once the plastic bin is removed, one bolt sorts that.

£20 and its yours. Buy a jack from Halfords and you would be sorted. UPS may be a possibility for post, would need your post code to get an accurate quote but just had a quick look and its about £15 max.

Contact me if you are interested.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hi
I've recently brought a second hand 2014 Nissan note
I am enjoying driving it as had a Peugeot 107 before!
I am just wondering where the sticker is which tells me how much air should be in each tyre? I've checked the door panels (all of them) and the petrol locking cap.
I couldn't see anything and a google search advises 33 in each tyre, does this sound right??

Also I've found a spare tyre with Jack on amazon for £120 does this seem reasonable? I do have the liquid for the tyres but would prefer a spare.

Thanks for reading
£120 is ok for the whole package...
I would definately buy a spare wheel. Lots of members have done so. The gunk that nissan supply would really mess up your tyre, even if it did get you home.
The tyre fitters would no doubt want a surcharge to clean the wheel and tyre when repairing it.
Also the gunk can't help a tyre with side wall damage.
If you need a rescue at any point, the AA/RAC etc would soon fit your spare wheel within 10 mins or so.
A spare wheel is a MUST HAVE in my view.
DIG-S can fit you up with the wheel n tyre for £20...bargain.
You can pick up a good jack on ebay for £40 or so (i did, and it's like new). Most sissor jacks will fit the sill on a note.

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
I went to my local scrappy and got a wheel with unused tyre on it with jack for £35!

Came off a write off car... Same year as mine so knew it would fit if ever needed.

Paul

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have to say £120 looked a bit steep to me, and both the offer from DIG-S and a quick eBay search confirmed it....

And IMHO a spare is essential, it was a day one buy for Mrs B's Note as no amount of compressed gas will reinflate a gashed tyre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts