Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would ask, what life do you get from your tyres ?

My 2009 Nissan Note Acenta 1.6 auto has done 18,000 miles and now needs two new front tyres to replace its ECO Continentals

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I fitted 175/65. R15 - BF Goodrich 'G' Grip tyres to mine, after wearing out the original items in under 12,000 Km. and 7 months.

I am about to replace them this week, after 37,000+Km. I am having the same BF Goodrich tyres fitted.
So I make that 23,000 miles on a set Goodrich tyres.
They are a softer compound than most popular tyres, and have performed extremely well. MPG as well as mileage. I do put a couple of pounds more tyre pressure in them, but no more that 2-3 lbs/inch.

And the Irish roads I drive on, are not the most kind to tyres.

Oh yes......mine is the 1.5 Turbo diesel Note.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The garage said the reason the tyres were worn because the tracking was out - I am not responsible as I have only recently bought the vehicle !

Anyway I have had the tracking done and two new ContiEco tyres fitted and balanced on the front - I know I am not imagining it but it feels like a different car as the ride is so much smoother now.

So well worth getting them replaced

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I know how you feel. Four new tyres, and an empty wallet has made all the difference to my Note also.

Nothing like piece of mind, and smooth runnings.

·
Registered
181 Posts
In the 1960s I had a Mini (10-inch wheels) which I drove like most young men drove Minis. It had C41s (cros-ply) which needed to be replaced at 16k miles. Dunlop SP3s (radial-ply)gave me about 40k miles.My Note (15-inch wheels) needed new front tyres at about 30k, so I reckon the manufacturers must be using inferior stuff.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
On my mini, the longest lasting tyres were Mitchelin ZX. They never wore down at all, but they also had close to zero grip
They were as hard as iron, and resembled that pen eraser you got in your Christmas pencil case.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Old Frank said:
In the 1960s I had a Mini (10-inch wheels) which I drove like most young men drove Minis. It had C41s (cros-ply) which needed to be replaced at 16k miles. Dunlop SP3s (radial-ply)gave me about 40k miles.My Note (15-inch wheels) needed new front tyres at about 30k, so I reckon the manufacturers must be using inferior stuff.

I would think the Note is a bit heavier than a Mini, and more powerful. The brakes are far more efficient also, so it may be a little unfair to measure the Mini against a Note, or any other car really.

Same driver, same car, same conditions and different tyres, is the fairest way of making comparisons.

But I take your point........I used to rip through tyres on my Mini, only because I had a full blown rally type engine built for it(112hp. 1293cc). I used 165 Dunlop SP Sport, on 6x10in alloys.......they did their best to survive, but I managed to trash them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts