Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all was wondering who was up for a meet and a coffee by the Angel of the North sometime in the next few months...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a bit far north for me, I have to take my passport just to get in and out of Essex, let alone the inoculations that are required

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
You might need your passport soon ifScotland have another referendum to break away from England
.<div abp="1138">I wonder how the vote would go if England had a vote to say "Goodbye to Scotland"?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had better not... Too much work to do on classic cars now that I have acquired another project...

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
We past "The Angel of The North" a few months ago while traveling up to Newcastle. Why people rave about it, beats me. It'sugly.<div abp="1475">
Can I say though, we liked Newcastle, far better than Edinburgh.

·
Registered
109 Posts
silverhairs said:
We past "The Angel of The North" a few months ago while traveling up to Newcastle. Why people rave about it, beats me. It'sugly.<div abp="1475">
Can I say though, we liked Newcastle, far better than Edinburgh.
Don't worry about it. We, that are privileged to have been born in God's Kingdomin the United Kingdom of Northumberland and Durham, have known we live in the best part of the Country anyway!

As for the Angel , it's a matter of personal taste, but like it, or loathe it, it is an icon of what the true North of England is all about.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Its just grim up north, simples <div abp="1736">
<div abp="1737">200 tonnes of rusting metal to representthe north
if you look at its backside it has tata written all over it
<div abp="1737">
<div abp="1737">

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ain't biting. After all, the steel actually came from the Yorkshire side of the Tees which isn't part of our wonderful Kingdom!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Oh come on Flash, the air pollution up north now is far superior to the air pollution, even where you live. You canput London and the surrounding area's where the sun don't shine. The last timewe went down to London, I said to the Mrs how you can chew the air it was that thick
.<div abp="1157">
It's bloody site grimmer in London, and extremely more crowdedthan up North.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Mind you, I must admit it's a bit colder up here than down south, it takes some time to get used to it
.<div abp="1217">There are very few days a year can you sit in the garden at 21.00 hours unless your sitting very near a patio heater

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I was very disappointed with Edinburgh, but I likes the Royal Yacht visit, (Princess Street
)how they let Scotland have the Royal Yacht beats me, now we went to Newcastle and thought that a great place for a few days away.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
silverhairs said:
I was very disappointed with Edinburgh, but I likes the Royal Yacht visit, (Princess Street
)how they let Scotland have the Royal Yacht beats me, now we went to Newcastle and thought that a great place for a few days away.

Cheers it is a lovely place to visit, did you try Durham as well...

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Going up to visit a mate who lives in Low Willington Co Durham. I'll ask him to take me out on a conducted tour of the area, you always get to know more things that way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
silverhairs said:
Going up to visit a mate who lives in Low Willington Co Durham. I'll ask him to take me out on a conducted tour of the area, you always get to know more things that way.

So true, you get to know where the locals go so stop away from the tourist traps...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts