Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me please on where i can purchase a maintenance/repair manual for my 2006 diesel note, also where are the raising points for using a trolly jack and or axle stands. thank you for any help

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi - welcome to the forum!
Established forum members can get a manual from this site : see HERE.Alternatively if you do a search on ebay you will find people selling it in CD format for a few pounds.

Re: jacking points - I find it pretty obvious when looking under a vehicle where to put the jack and/or stands - but that's no doubt due to my engineering background. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some more detailed help - possibly in the form of a picture from the manual!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you again for the diagram, however i am a bit concerned about the rear trolly jack lifting poing accross the rear cross member, it dont look strong enough to me!!

On another point, the car i have has done 48,000 miles on 06 plate, the drivers nissan handbook states the cambelt should be changed at 75,000 or 5 years whichever comes sooner, what do you think

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Change your cam belt now, don't wait for 75,000 miles.
Having had one 'let go' I can tell you that it's not something you want to experience unless you have a spare engine knocking about (mine was a contract hire car, a Vauxhall Omega and the repair bill was over £4000).

Make sure that they change the water pump at the same time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On another tack, does anyone know how to remove the radio/cd player to get at the serial number as i have lost my code
I am sure Nissan would do it but of course for a price

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you George for directing me to the appropriate forum, flash's comments and illustration very helpful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts