Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a Note n-tec with the trip computer. Problem is the data is way out of what it should be. e. g. after a M-way drive it shows ave mpg as 9.6 & ave mpg as 2. Also miles left in the full tank as only 150 (I hope not ) Is there a fix ??? Can the software be reloaded ??? I feel sure someone out there has tackled the same problem.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Zero everything and try again.
(with the display showing the item to zero, hold the trip button until it goes back to 0)

TBH, mine is so grossly wildly stupidly inaccurate that I just leave it on trip miles display (even this is about 5% over)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
yes, zero everything...the current readings are an aggregate of all the miles the vehicle has done from new, including idling in traffic, testing and god knows what else. reset everything and you will see a big difference.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
tbh to have figures that low, it would have to of been at idle for years.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mrs Elephant managed to get the mpg reading down as low as 26 at one point...I accused her of riding the clutch with her elephantine left foot but a quick reset soon revealed the truth...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I got 4mpg showing after filling up and pulling straight out into a traffic jam, caused by a nasty accident, in which I sat for 25 minutes. Bloody alarming to see the MPG that low and kept checking that I wasn't drivng a Veyron!

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
The only readout I take a bit of notice of, is the mileage to my next service, just about everything else I ignore.Fill up with fuel.........drive, and fill up again.

If you only get a 100 miles between fills, then you know something is wrong, or you drive everywhere, flat out in 1st gear.

I remember a Top Gear 'economy run', from Europe somewhere, to Blackpool. Clarksons Jag still had plenty of fuel left in the tank, so his readouts were in essence, worthless.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
when we had the ice cold weather mine got down to 7.8 mpgit hasnt been right since its service and thay put some fuel treatment in(2 full tanks since then)
im going to disconect the battery and let the ecu and bcm reset when i get a spare hour or so

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all your responses, it is nice to know that I am not alone ! I intent to speak to Mr Nissan to see what he says. I did zero all when I picked up the car.
The other problem I am giving myself is with the remote cotrol of the radio. Because of its position I find that the station is continually being changed. I guess I will need to train myself to hold the steering wheel differently.
I love using the speed limiter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update Mr Nissan was no help !! However I thought it may be like a desktop computer, any problem, first reboot. So I have been zeroing the trip computer every day & it has been getting progressively better to the extend that the data is now about what you would expect. Success

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
That's what we used to call the "Japanese reset" when I used to work on Cannon products, either switch it off at the wall for 5 minutes or continually zero everything, worked extremely well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts