Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just collected my 9 month old ex-motability Note today - very nice too. Very impressed by the Connect system, which seems to be picking up traffic info from somewhere. Presumably this is the previous owner's subscription which I'm just enjoying the last few days of, rather than being a standard thing? Assuming it is a subscription, any info on who provides it and how much it costs?

Apologies if this is a silly question - new to all this high tech lark.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you are talking about the SatNav, it is standard.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
It's the best Sat Nav I have used. My son calls my new Note "Dad'siPod with wheels!"

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its built in -it picks up the data from the radio free of charge
the connect is one of the better oem sat nav systems the map updates are a bit steep at £150 but not as bad as the older systems what are £350+ to update

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She certainly performed well on her first outing. I was a bit worried when I heard that the voice couldn't be changed, but the standard one's rather nice - English accent with a slight Asian lilt perhaps, and plenty of pleases! Her "next" sounds a bit too much like "left", so I got slightly confused the first time she asked me to take the "left right"!

We took her on a journey we know well - the In Laws to home, and she went a sensible and jam-free way (after we ignored her first suggestion which doubled the distance - right round the M25 and into London by motorway, I assume). The Olympic central London road closures didn't all seem to have filtered through to her, but that's no great surprise. All in all should be very useable with a bit of tweaking!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
unfortunatly you cant change "nagging nora" so you stuck with here voice

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just picked up my new Note and very pleased indeed.......just knocked out with the Connect system....the info is just brilliant and on my 25 mile drive home I found all it's info so super....speed cameras...red light changes....amazed
!!!!!!! what a gadget to have.....GREAT
!!!! thanks Nissan.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Bluenote said:
We took her on a journey we know well - the In Laws to home, and she went a sensible and jam-free way (after we ignored her first suggestion which doubled the distance - right round the M25 and into London by motorway, I assume). The Olympic central London road closures didn't all seem to have filtered through to her, but that's no great surprise. All in all should be very useable with a bit of tweaking!
You CAN choose between three modes on the Connect:
1. Shortest route
2. Fastest route
3. Economy
Who knows why she suggested the M25...perhaps her throat was sore from all that talking

·
Registered
455 Posts
I turn her off most of the time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet she's so grumpy when you turn her back on that you wish you hadn't.

She needs a 4th mode - fastest route, but "within reason" - ie not suggesting going 110km for a 60km journey. Perhaps that's what the economy mode does, I'll try that next time...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just wish she would stop saying "Keep driving on the road"....... where does she think I'm going to drive? (That issue with the pavement wasn't my fault and I have apologised to her and bought her some flowers!)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Years ago a young guy in a van stopped and asked me for directions...he took the instruction 'go straight across the roundabout' all too literally and wiped out a floral display planted by the local British Legion.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Rory said:
I just wish she would stop saying "Keep driving on the road"....... where does she think I'm going to drive? (That issue with the pavement wasn't my fault and I have apologised to her and bought her some flowers!)

That's for the silly sods who take "next left" literally and turn onto railway lines or into canals (both of which have happened in the UK)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts