Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I get traction control light coming on and few minutes later lance carol light also turn orange and stay orange. Traction light comes on when brakes (specially brakes harder) and stay on until I turned off the engine for a while. Next morning no light until press the brakes harder.
Break flued level is good and car is Nissan note 1.2 Dig-s petrol 2014. Traction module scan had code C1110
Any ides how to fix this would be so grate. Thank you

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
A quick google came up with the following ---

When is the code detected?
Internal malfunction of ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)

Possible symptoms
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Get the C1110 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional.

Looks like a visit to a good reputable service centre or ( if you have DEEP pockets ) a Nissan stealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thank you for the advice, code was detected by friendly professional garage about two moths ago(they used a Snap-on scanner). No ABS light at all, just traction light followed by lane departure light. Service is due in another 7000 miles.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
All sites i have found say that error C1100 is down to the ABS Power Relay Coil Circuit Failure.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
All sites i have found say that error C1100 is down to the ABS Power Relay Coil Circuit Failure.

Had any work done on the brakes or driven through deep water.

Either will cause problems with one or more ABS modules and this will also trigger a Traction Control fault.

The first step is to get all of the wires to the ABS modules checked for disconnects or shorts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all advice, change the ABS modules, no luck light still comes on when brakes hard, going to change rear breaks as its make little squeaky noise some times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its taken two years to get here!!, finally fixed the traction light error you get when braking.
It was dust and grease build inside the brake light switch took its apart and cleaned with a “contact cleaner” and over a week ago. All works fine now. No more dash light!. Thank you all for your helps and surjection.:)

The moral of the story, fix simple things first before changing the steering angle sensor, control arm, Abs unit, wheel sensors!!.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again, WD-40 can fix almost everything :D
Curiously, how did you figure out where the problem is?
I spend two years changing everything related to the issue, even invested in autel diagnostic device. Since brake lights were Woking fine didn’t think anything wrong with the switch.
These cars are packed with computers and the “can-bus” signal goes wrong easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts