Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted a towbar to my 1.5 Diesel Note and am in the process of fitting the wiring kit that came with the towbar. I have the indicators working on both the trailer and the Note on both sides. I have the nearside sidelight working on both but not the offside on either. I have lost brake lights on the Note both sides. I have put a multimeter on both bulbs and they appear to be good for both the side light filament and the brake light filament.

To summarise I have no brake lights and the offside side light has gone. Any thoughts???

I assume it is fuses but where are they? It would seem logical for both brake lights to be fused as one circuit, but the nearside and offside side lights???

Any thoughts welcome, particularly on how the lights are fused and where the fuses are located.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Brake bulb fuse just above the fuel cap leaver (behind a flap)
side light bulb out,is the front one out aswell ?? if so its a 10 amp fuse in the ipdm (beige box behind the passenger side head light) fuse location is on the inside of the ipdm but its a bit tight as as the wiring is short and its all mounted in the lid

front and rear side lights are linked, left and right have there own fuses

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks flash 22, found the blown fuses and changed them. I also had to change a brake light bulb which showed ok on my multimeter but when checked at the garage with a 12v supply broke down and failed. All is working on the car again. I got to the ipdm unit fairly easily by taking out the battery, but the loom inside the box is very short.

To get the electrics on the Note working again I disconnected the trailer socket connections I had made at the rear lighting units, and have not remade them again for fear of blowing everything. Is it ok to break into the loom just before the bulbs to make the trailer socket lead connections? or should I have a relay? The two bar electrics fittings kit said I didn't need a really but then got very vague as to what had to be done.

Appreciate any further help, suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry in the second paragraph the last sentence should read "The tow bar electrics fitting kit said I din't need a relay but then got very vague as to what had to be done."

Apologies.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
take the battery off for 15 mins before working on anything it should be ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts