Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time with the Note in the Lakes http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/driving-an-auto-in-the-lakes_topic1789.html and it coped well with the hills even if it lacked a bit of grunt up some of the steeper ones.

Only downside was that I managed to reverse into a stone wall, scraping but not denting the rear bumper and part of the paintwork higher up.
First incident in over a decade of driving around the lakes for at least one holiday a year and it's in the wife's car! Must have only just scraped as like I say no dent but a deep scratch.

Simple question - do Nissan do touch up paint and where's my paint code? This is the same colour as mine: Nissan Note

Am I right in thinking this is "Intense Blue"?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Intense Blue is most certainly a Nissan Note colour (ie like mine) and they do do touch-up paint.

Fully expect that Halfords have an exact match, but cheaper imho.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Bv4 is intense blue there are 6 shades and 3 metallic matches the colour code is on the slam panel there also a guide in the body manual (not the esm) to paint codes

I got a little touch kit from paints4u come in a 100ml tin with a fine brush (I use these small tins for airbrushing things)

I touched up my bumper when something got dropped on it out the boot it only really shows up if your with inches of it tbf

·
Registered
74 Posts
What theheck is a slam panel ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's the panel that the lower bonnet catch is mounted to, it has the paint numbers on etc

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
As above its the part the bonnet "slams" down on, iirc the yanks and others refer to it as a core support
On most cars you open the bonnet you with find the spec plate what gives the spec and trim levels/codes of the car as well as the paint code you may also find a vin plate (depending on the car/maker)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Get a quote off a scratch repair company, offer cash ;). For a bit more money, you will get a top job. Touch up paint is no substitute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts