Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Some more info required if anybody can help?
1) Do the owners of Note's that have the dark rear privacy glass find it too dark at dusk, night etc when reversing and such? My concern is at this time of year even if I test drive one with it, it won't be in the dark so I will not be able to judge-hence my request how you regular owners get on with it.
2) Do you find a huge advantage with the climate control over the standard air con?is it more prone to problems?
3) On the note models which havethe ESP (stability program) does it have an internal switch to turn if off if necessary?
I hope that someone can answer some or all of these questions.
Thanking you in advance
Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1. Noproblems with the glass looking out of it, its clear as day i have problems with my neck so use the the mirrrors more than twisting and turning, the reverse lights at night are v.bright so that helps, parking sensors are useful but dont take them for granted its always good to have a look around
2.never had a problem just make sure you run it atleast once a month. tbh its just glorified air con

3. esp is a great system it saved me a couple oftimes, yes there is a off button down by the headlight adjuster

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hi,

1) I did at first, now I am used to it it is fine. It does make the inside cooler than my last car, and stops people seeing in the boot.
2) The windscreen mists up all the time that the compressor isn't on. With it on the climate control does a good job of maintaining the temperature.
3) there is a switch, but I can't see why you need it. I've only got the esp/traction control (not sure that I understand the difference tbh) to activate once and that was pulling away left from a junction in the wet with a lot of right foot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1. Been ok so far and the reverse lights are good and I tend to use the mirrors and mine doesnt have parking sensors. I'm not really a fan of privacy glass but it looks ok with a black car. If I had a choice I wouldn't have it.

2. My old car had climate and it was retro fitted off a scrapped jap import, never had any problems with that and dont see any reason the nissan system would be a problem. Its just the standard ac with a temperature sensor and motors to control the airflow. Does the standard a/c car have the airflow controlled by a switch and motors or cables? if a switch again the system will be the same, with a magic box controlling the system.

3. The owners manual says to switch the esp off if driving in deep snow. ive had the traction control light come on once when parking on a wet verge but didnt notice anything 'happen' I think ESP is one of those systems if its being used by the car its probably preventing an expensive crash.

On a bit of a different subject, gave my dad a lift and had a phone call on the connect, my dads words...'this car is really impressive'. Smiling from ear to ear.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ok let's clarify here...Traction Control is to prevent wheelspin when you set off, ESP is to keep you pointed in the right direction when conditions are slippery and ABS is to stop your wheels from locking up when you're heading for a crash. At least that's what they taught me in the Circus...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
esp is basically a modified abs system esp will brake any wheel(s) what doesnt have traction under braking (the system uses sensors around the car aswell as the abs wheel sensors to calculate what it needs todo)
as mr elethant says is to keep you pointed in the right direction

only had the the dash light up once avoiding an accident @ 60mph

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ah!

Looked esp up now.

As you both correctly point out, the esp is to make the car go where the steering points. Normally people will never notice it is there, because they don't get into a situation that will activate it.

You might want to turn it off

1) If your name is Clarkson, and you want to opposite lock around a bend. (Or your name isn't Clarkson, but you want people to do that thing they do to him where they make an O from thumb and forefinger then raise and lower it above their head whilst pointing at him with the other hand )

2) If you are stuck in snow and mud, and want to try rocking the steering to try and get the edges of the tyre to grip something. On road tyres this will likely mean having to dig it out of a deeper hole. On off road tyres I have got a Landrover up a slope this way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone
Thank you for all your very useful feedback so far.

I forgot that my fathers car has the rear privacy glass on his focus so I asked him how he got on with it.

Much as you all have said, he found it unusual to begin with but soon got used to it, he also said it kept the interior cooler.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
spartacus1961 said:
Hi everyone
Thank you for all your very useful feedback so far.

I forgot that my fathers car has the rear privacy glass on his focus so I asked him how he got on with it.

Much as you all have said, he found it unusual to begin with but soon got used to it, he also said it kept the interior cooler.
you can also stick the ugly people in the back and nobody knows any better lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts