Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitting sound deadening in the boot its taken about 14ft square, I have use second skin damplifier pro (no longer available in the uk)

yesterday evening I fitted the adapters to the rainbows slx265 deluxe's

last weekend I did the wind deflectors and the boot handle trim

Last but not least the air vents are back in but there a bit bright

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a few pics (cba but thought I better)

In no particular order...............

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what are..........' the rainbows slx265 deluxe's'.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Midrange two-way speakers.Edited by: Nigel B

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't say high end as high end components can be £1500 - £3k

But they are one of the best sets under £300, next job is to get these fitted and wired along with a amp and the audiocontrol LC6i ( EQ line level convertor) what levels the audio and gives a clean output

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the drivers door sound deaden yesterday but didnt get the speakers in as I was achy and tired

Today I have done the passenger door with deadening (pics once the speakers are in)but again I was getting tired so just put it back together and will do the speakers another day, even with the stock speakers there is a 100% improvement in the sound

Next up is to fit a camera when it gets here

ps. the stuff thay hold the oem plastic sheet in place with is like chewing gum and twice as sticky, I did the drivers door without gloves and it took an hour to get the stuff off my hands needless to say I wore gloves for the passenger doorEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Must be the same stuff that they used on Mitsubishis. I had to take the door cards and liners off my old Space Wagon to fit better speakers. I got covered in black gum from the driver's door so wore a glove, like you, for the other one and........ got the bloody glove stuck to the 'mastic' on the passenger door. If it's still on the road, (bits of)that glove is (are) still there!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes its that non setting gunk got the worst of it off the door and on the plastic then had a big ball of plastic mit gunk stuck to both gloves

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally got the rear camera in its a straight forward job but it takes ages to strip everything just to get the wiring routed and hidden

but its done now, just the final setup to do

Next job is to get the rest of the audio sorted but im not well enough to do it at the mo

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
You say you have fitted sound deadening in your doors and boot area.In the boot area, with the sound deadening stuff fitted, can you still fit the board in the downward slots.
Does the sound deadening stuff when finished really cut the booming out?
Do you have to remove the plastic panelling in the boot area to fit the stuff?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you can remove the side panels (how to: coming shortly) but I just took the boot carpet out the sound deadening is 3-4 mm thick so not really noticeable, it cuts the road noise down a bit but if you deaden the wheel arches it will make it even more quite
all the joins and edges are sealed with aluminium tape (as used in heating, ventilation andaircon "hvac")

I have pics what where going into sound deadening "how to" but never got around to doing it

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Look forward to your next instalment of "How to". But thinking, how much of a job is it,to remove the side plastics to insulate over the wheel arches. I don't want to remove them, then when refitted,find out I have rattles and squeaks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive had the rear trims out a few times the bottom trims (trimscome out in 2 parts top and bottom)are straight forward 2x10mm bolts, 1 hook and the rest is clips and common sense

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got a few projects to do on the car but im waiting on parts to come in from japan, eastern Europe, china and Neasden
been thinking about also putting upthe holy grail of connect threads but there isso much info to collate

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
something off ebay, I would of picked it up but they said no, shipping only

yep Neasden - NW london
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I was going to offer to pick it up for you as it's only three-four miles from me.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts