Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks...

Well, my note is nearly at the 75k stage and 5 years old and so it's time for the timing belt to be changed.

Does anyone have any idea how much this costs these days. Is it an easy job with the Note?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

As far as I'm aware, the petrol engines have timing chains, and only the diesel has a belt. What you got?

Cheers

John

·
Registered
95 Posts
It isnt an easy job with the note unless you can mount your engine, to get to the belt you have to remove the engine support. i got mine done 2 months ago or so and cost me £70, although i bought the belt myself from a retailer, then got someone else to fit it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
as far as i know it is a chain on the petrol engine and does not need changing,
if its a diesel it might be different but you shouldnt have to change anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, its aDiesel, 1.5 SVI

Just coming up to 75 K and 5 years old. I know it issupposedto be done at 75 k or 5 years whichever soonest.

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi
Got to have mine done soon

How much was the belt/kit ? was that all the bits?

only if you go main dealer you are talking £250

cheers knocka

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ended up paying about 60 for the belt and auto tensioner, then 95 to get it fitted a lot cheaper than I got quoted elsewhere

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
knocka said:
hi
Got to have mine done soon

How much was the belt/kit ? was that all the bits?

only if you go main dealer you are talking £250

cheers knocka

If you have a "Mr.Clutch" branch near you they have a fixed price for belt and tensioner of £205 inc VAT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I have had it done now. Cost £190.00 for the full kit, newpulleysand tensionersetc.including labour.

The cost made me wince a bit, but then, it will probably only be a one off cost.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
In the great scheme of things £190 isn't that bad when compared with the £300+ that many manufactureres charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am a newbie who looking for some info on timing belt etc when I found this web page, and have now joined.I have a 58 note and at its service last year I asked the service department at my local nissan dealer if it was due its 5 year belt replacement and was told it didn't need it. I asked again this year, and was told my car (petrol 1.4) had a timing chain.
My handbook tells me that I have to change the belt.
Confused, any nissan repout there who can pin this down.

great site
thanks

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Hello gramps.

Welcome to the Forum.

No need for a 'Nissan rep'.

If you have a 1.4 petrol it has a timing chain which, if oil changes are done regularly, is good for the life of the engine.

No need to change it so go and spend the £2-300 you just saved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, any one know of anyone in the West Midlands area who can do the cam belt on my 1.5 dci, ideally around the Walsall. Wednesbury, Birmingham area?
And if I was to buy the belt kit my self, where would I be looking to buy from, I know a few mechanics who get their parts from the usual trade suppliers like Jaystock, Midwest etc but rather give the job to a some one who's done them before and know them inside out.
Thanks.Edited by: Isaak

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
ANY good independent should be more than capable.

It's not a tough job.

As to buying the parts. Eurocarparts or GSF both sell online, all you need to do is enter your reg. no. to get the kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts