Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've not been on much lately with one thing and another, but upon my return I've found it really hard to keep a pace of everything as threads appear in the most random of places; technical questions in Newbies and How To... etc.

Is it possible for some board mods to be able to move from one location to another when this happens? It'll make looking for stuff far easier in the future when it gets bigger and might make people think twice about where they post. It happens on other boards I frequent all the time.

Just a thought....

Edited by: Shindig

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
agreed the forum needs a tweek here and there, i have offered my services for the cause, Ihave been mod,super mod, admin and root admin on many forums over the years
craigfishin is the mod on here but iirc he now has a new job and i think he spends his time on the juke forum but i maybe wrong

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flash22 said:
agreed the forum needs a tweek here and there, i have offered my services for the cause, Ihave been mod,super mod, admin and root admin on many forums over the years
craigfishin is the mod on here but iirc he now has a new job and i think he spends his time on the juke forum but i maybe wrong
I recall you mentioning something along those lines when I first joined, I sincerely hope you're able to get the permissions while it's relatively easy to fix!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Hi,Flash if you're happy with it then I'm more than happy to set you up as a mod on here.

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to how the site can work better for them - more sections or anything like that then please let me know.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
lol Im now a mod thanks to Dan <<<<<<<<<
watch out i have my size 12's on

ps. i have made a start on moving topics out of the newbies forum but it will take a while to get back it to the swing of things

I no nothing,I dont pretend to either

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flash22 said:
lol Im now a mod thanks to Dan <<<<<<<<<
watch out i have my size 12's on

ps. i have made a start on moving topics out of the newbies forum but it will take a while to get back it to the swing of things

I no nothing,I dont pretend to either
Pffft, you fool no-one!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I say you fellows, is there any chance of correct use of English on this forum? Some of the crimes committed against the language make me feel quite faint. After all, what has it done to deserve them?

·
Registered
181 Posts
... but congratulations to "flash" for the promotion. We do need his expertise.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Old Frank said:
I say you fellows, is there any chance of correct use of English on this forum? Some of the crimes committed against the language make me feel quite faint. After all, what has it done to deserve them?
im not the best at spelling or grammer but i do try and correct myself- we do have members from all over the world inc russia, hungary, turkey and even japan so a little is lost in translation sometimes

you may find this useful

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fret not, Flash. I just enjoy having an occasional moan; I find it therapeutic. Your technical expertise is far more important and of much more use to us ignorami. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for introducing me to the Urban Dictionary.I shouldavoid it for fear of my blood pressure exceeding safe levels, but it might prove useful if I need to communicate with young people, i.e. anyone under 40.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
im in my early 30's and i use it, kids today with all that lingo

:( now i feel old

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I use it all the time when I want a laugh. Seems even the most 'normal' of words or phrases can have a different meaning somewhere.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Old Frank said:
Well old fart I 'aint, but I agree that text speak should be banned and English encouraged. I don't think it's worth getting too excited about grammar and punctuation though (I have enough of that at work, and it is populated by many nations).

No txt spk FTW!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts