Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

Rear passenger side light cluster. (2012 E11 N-Tec+)
hmmmm.....i suspect that big slot in the plastic is supposed to have a bung or seal of some kind.
Cant find it on any part list or see it on any photo on the t'interweb.
Before i superglue a diy plastic cover over it does anyone have a pic or part number for the missing part ?
Thanks in advance.

T
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Just cover it.
Do you not have one on the other side either?

The missing part is a plastic shield that follows the outline of that red lug, and has a flange turned over it.

If you can wrench the light unit out without breaking it- use a flat trim tool on the outside edge to lever it TOP FIRST LEVEL WITH INDICATOR not the bottom or it will break in half, you will see that water is supposed to cascade behind it, along with mounds of dirt. The wire is sealed where it comes out of the car, so it doesn't matter if the light fills with water, it cant get inside the car..

On the roof are two plastic lugs that go through to the inside, and used to have rubber seals if Sunderland installed them properly........ These dry out and leak, some members have sealed them with the bathroom silicon.

If you succeed in wrenching the light off, lightly grease the two pegs and the vee grooves at the roof part with silicon grease, and it might come off easier next time :)

EDIT, have a look at eBay item 275180454694 8th picture down, the cover is shown fitted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the response. I used silicone to bond a wee bit of plastic over it.
I confess i didn't look at the other side as the electrics pipe was in the way.
Moved the pipe to reveal the same hole that side as shown below.
Thanks for that prompt i will cover that as well.

Its odd, we had this car from new so i am guessing a garage removed the covers at some point during a service/mot and they were never replaced.

fyi got a blank on the ebay item number, not sure why.
Off to cover the other side now.....

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The eBay number was 275180454694, I copied the referrer string.
I made some photos of mine, I don't think it has been washed since 2019, and I don't think the tailgate has been opened this year before today- I leave the seats down and chuck the shopping in through the back door- opening the tailgate is just an invitation for the cheap Renault wires to snap! (So I don't unless it is absolutely necessary)

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Plant Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Plant

Reactions: Boysie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for those pics I honestly don't remember ever seeing those guards on the car.
I assume they were there at some point otherwise its likely the wheel well would have been under water years ago.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
As I said earlier, water getting behind the lights doesn't actually matter. If you take the light off you will see that water getting in through that hole can't get inside the light itself, or the car, only carry even more muck behind the light.

Having said that it may, unlikely though it seems to me, be that missing that cover somehow causes water to get behind the tailgate seal and into the boot.

The sparewheel well on mine fills up with water too, I can't find where it comes from either, chronic water leaks are one of the joys of Note ownership, as is a slightly musty smell (in the car) and a propensity for respiratory diseases.

Reactions: noteVirgin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts