Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Looks nice, but it won't go far with those angular tyres!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dad had a Datsun 180B estate in the mid 80's, what a car. He bought a honda accord off our neighbour and hardly used the 180. It was just standing in the side rd going nowhere. I remember it well, it must have been 6 months sat there when my dad went to start it and straight up, no joking it started first time. Japanese reliability. Sad to see it go when he sold it, would still be on the road today I bet??.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The economy marque... like dacia.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
It's the Dacia sandero in drag

·
Registered
887 Posts
a car you have to pay extra for a radio? No thanks.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Why do they call "Dacia" Dachia, some how it's got a ch in it now. How do you get a "ch" with a "c"?

·
Registered
238 Posts
silverhairs said:
Why do they call "Dacia" Dachia, some how it's got a ch in it now. How do you get a "ch" with a "c"?
'Dacia' is the anglicised pronunciation, Dachia is the correct way to pronounce a Latin based word. Simples

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's always been pronounced 'Dachia' but that effete fop James May unfortunately went on about the 'Daysia' on TG and now everyone thinks that's the correct way. Then again, car names never travel well...here are a few examples...

Jaguar (UK)
Jag-waaah (US)

Hi-oon-die (UK)
Heon_day (Anywhere in the Far East)

Nissan (UK)
Knee-sarn (US)

Skoda (UK)
Shcodder (Czech Republic)

Fiat (Italy)
Pile of crap (Rest of the World)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Things get lost in translation these come from eastern Europe so prob has its meaning
Wether it be dacee ha or dat cha

Likepajero in Spanish slangmeans 'He who fiddles with himself for sexual gratification' but was taken in its literal meaning 'Straw Dealer'

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I seem to remember the Chevrolet Nova being a poor seller in Mexico as 'No-Va' means 'doesn't move'.
Likewise the Mercury Caliente (prostitute)

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Vauxhall could never sell the Cavalier in France as Cavalier is the largest selling brand of condoms.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc it was always known as the opel rekord across Europe, the astra (aka the ashtray) is a opel kedett (designed by Daewoo in the late 70's) and later used to make the Daewoo nexia(Astra B/Kadett D)

arrgh the useless info I have in my head

Edited by: flash22

1 - 20 of 20 Posts