Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a connect cheap off ebay with a broken screen (mines dead but has a good screen) and I thought I would share a few screen shots and info I have come across

As I thought the connect is in fact updatable via the sd card as seen the following Pics, I'm also getting a strange error that I have never seen before and need to research

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Flash. Could you say a bit more about updating the Connect? What kind of SD card is required? Where can these be obtained?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Flash...I suspect that Arion XML (Extensible Markup Language) and FGS XML are two different video display formats...perhaps Nissan upgraded the Connect from one to the other during one of the facelifts? If your Connects are from different years this could account for the conflict.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it had a cracked display so I just swapped the face

I worked it out 2 mins after posting there are different versions of video chip the on the front board, The display board hardware is coded to the main board, so I just swaped the screen and used the front board that matched the main board

I have repaired my connect that come out the car and thats working so have a second working connect and one for spares

one of the connects come with a 2012/13 card stuck it in and it updated

There are now 14 different connects (Nissan lcn) and each runs it own firmware the connect part No. for the note is 25915-BH10AEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
flash22 said:
it had a cracked display so I just swapped the face

I worked it out 2 mins after posting there are different versions of video chip the on the front board, The display board hardware is coded to the main board, so I just swaped the screen and used the front board that matched the main board

I have repaired my connect that come out the car and thats working so have a second working connect and one for spares

one of the connects come with a 2012/13 card stuck it in and it updated

There are now 14 different connects (Nissan lcn) and each runs it own firmware the connect part No. for the note is 25915-BH10A
nice work

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a slight issue, everything works bar the nav button closer inspection shows a duff track and 2 lifted tracks on the front board and I haven't a clue how to rework it as there around 0.3mm wide

some sort of epoxy trace is the way forward I think if I can get some cheap enuff

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Amazon used to do a kit for around £10. I used one to fix tracks on a Minidisc player. Just tried to find it (you would have been welcome to it) but no luck.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it would be simple if it wasn't a single ended track, it difficult to explain the pad should look something like these

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I use silver paint for this but it's £80 for 15ml, or you can buy "circuit writer pens with 5ml of silver paint in them from Amazon etc around $20.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Another way you can do this is to glue some gold foil down on the pcb then scratch away the bits you don't want, this also stops any resins building up on the touch pad of the button which usually makes them fail.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
think I will go the foil/tape route I have seen the dry trace frames (the glue activates with heat) but the kits are expensive

I have fixed many a track with a proto wire and a dab of solder

to make life easy I may just do 2 contact pads drill out the filled holes and use proto wire, and just use a bit of kapton tape to hold them down

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At last its back in the car and fully working I ended up epoxying in a copper pad and running a bit of proto wire to another part of the board

These boards are so susceptible to heat the tracks lift if you look at them wrong

·
Registered
8 Posts
Flash I have a scratch on my Nissan Connect screen, from your experience is the screen easily replaced, or do i have to replace the whole unit? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the front panel unclips from the main unit as its on 2 connectors after you remove the 4 torx screws 2 at the top, 2 in the bottom
pull the 2 knobs off the front lay it face down undo the 4 larger torx screws (this holds the screen)

unclip the 2/3 ribbon cables be very gentle with the socketsas they break too easily (slide forward a nats and hinge upwards) Note. the ribbon cables have notches either side this helps hold the cable

undo all the small torx screws that hold the pcb (circuit board) down iirc there must be 14-20 of them but tbf I have never counted them

The board lifts out you can now remove the screen, it all goes back in reverse order

A word of warning, the actual screens are all the same but the front/screen pcb's are different ie. a complete front from a juke/qashqai will not work correctly with a connect out of a note due to the firmware

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Boss, this stuff is far too technical for me. I will try and locate a screen on ebay and then find an expert to replace the screen for me.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It sounds more complicated than it actually is, if you take your time it will take you 20 mins max

Put simply undo the screws, release 3 cables lift out the board and screen, if you take it into a shop you may be looking at £20 upwards

·
Registered
50 Posts
flash22 said:
There are now 14 different connects (Nissan lcn) and each runs it own firmware.......
Hi, Flash22 !

Sorry for long silence.....

Can you post this list orsend it for mein private message?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts