Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
your views/experience please.
I went out for a test drive on a 07 reg note 1.6 se manual. Three questions
1) I was told rear wheel bearings changed recently, but only the one noisy side, should these normally be changed both sides at the same time?
2) when checking engine the recess around oil filler cap had a small amount of oil showing, and the filler cap itself was so tight it could not be unscrewed by hand and needed a pair of grips to loosen it-it is a normal thread style screw--- <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">are they normally so hard to undo?.[/B]
3) when listening to engine with the bonnet up after test drive something from the engine compartment seemed to be clicking every few seconds and the engine tone rose or fell along with these clicks-any idea what it could be?
All feedback gratefully received.
Regards Spartacus1961

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps, forgot another question

4) noticed some condensation inside the rear light cluster- one side only.
causes and is it easy to fix?

thanks again

Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1.you dont need to do bearings on both sides (an axleset as it where)2.you should be able to undo it by hand
3. not a clue with out hearing it
4. more than likely some ones changed a blub and not put it back right worst ways its a new cluster job

tbh if your not happy with the car find another there are plenty about

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PPS ""“yet more questions<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
5) on the pre 2008 face lifted note is the single cd player a standard size/ fittings-I've read that the multi cd player is a non standard gap / fittings for replacement ICE units.
6) Can any one confirm that the door mirrors on a SE model as well as being electric are heated and tie in with the rear screen on/off?
Thanks again Spartacus1961

·
Registered
8 Posts
3) If the air conditioning is on, then the compressor cycles on/off every 10/15 seconds together with the radiator cooling fan. This makes a click noise and effects the idle speed.
I had our Note into a dealer for this, thinking the air con was faulty, but it's normal apparently (From a Nissan master tech, wow).

I also made them demonstratethis on another Note for proof!

High wear rates & failure on the compressor clutch in future I predict.....

Ray

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flash22 thank you for your knowledge, you are a font of wisdom! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Ray57 -what a star! Yes the air con was working at the time.
That's what's so great about this and similar sites. The knowledge and experience of all you current note owners help us "note virgins" no end.
Give yourselves a pat on the back
Keep the comments coming

Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the pre facelift stereos are din size (single and double) so any stereo should fit but you may have to play with the mounting brackets to bolt the new one in (stereos bolt in from behind the trim not a major job as its 4 screws to remove it)
the 6 disk is another ball game tho and thay mainly come as standard on the sve trim

the mirrors are a hit and miss thing, thay may be electricbut not heated, turn the rear demister on and you should see/feel them heat up

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i have a DCI on 56 reg was unhappy with standard head unit as no I POD connection ...with 30 mins work have swapped it out for a kenwood...2 screws inside cubby hole on top of dash and 2 screws under the cd player between the bottom of the player and the heater controls..stork adaptor needed if you have the steering colum controls..job done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts