Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 59 plate Note, I would like to have an engine/water temperature gauge. Does anyone know if this is possible and could give me any ideas as to how to go about it? I have always done a lot of work on my vehicles and like to know how the engine is performing.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at the forum search function, there are loads of threads on this topic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have only owned the note 2 weeks and i was also suprised to find no temperature gauge but i have found a solution. It does require a smart phone and a bluetooth OBD 2 ECU plug in from e-bay that costs just £8. The two together read real time info from the ECU and it allows you to select from a variety of dials and read outs including temperature, oil pressure, MAF etc etc. Its simple, quick and can be used on most modern cars from 2001 onwards. It also allows you to read and clear fault codes which will come in handy at some point i am sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but don't own a smart phone (too technical for a 75 year old). Will possibly buy a tee piece and gauge. Once again thanks for the information.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Cut and paste from another thread

yes its fairly simple 4-5 wires and you need to work out where to put the gauge

electrical gauges are best as there less hassle to fit price wise anything from £15 up to £300 for a defi gauge,

stack, smiths (CA) and vdo are good gauges, budget depo racing gauges are gvfm ( everything bar the t-piece is in the box)but a lot of gauges just come as a bare gauge only

Merlin motorsport

·
Registered
37 Posts
malsteele said:
Thanks, but don't own a smart phone (too technical for a 75 year old). Will possibly buy a tee piece and gauge. Once again thanks for the information.
Yes sorry, that did cross my mind after posting it and its not worth buying a smart phone just for that reason. There are other simple methods as already said so good luck with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts