Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm planning to shortly purchase a 2nd hand Note, however I'm struggling to find clear information about these 3 models.

Can anyone definitively let me know what the differences are? As I'm trying to work out if the plus is worth the extra 2k or so.

All help greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
In all honesty, it's a bit of a minefield. As specs tend to diminish or expand, depending on year.

If you like all the bells and whistles, specs include;

Aircon as against climate control.
ESP - Electronic Stability Program.
Sat Nav.
Half Leather.
Alloy Wheels.
Cruise Control.
Intelligent Key.(Keyless Starting). Or...push a knob.

Six speed manual boxes.
Blue Tooth connection.

These are what I can think of, but I'm sure there's a few more bits and bobs to add.

I would buy what you need, rather than what you want.

Diesels are not recommended, if it's used mostly for short school or shop runs, especially if they have DPF(Dust Particulate Filters.....Exhaust). But Ok for a mix of usage, and great MPG.

It's generally acknowledged that the 1.6 auto seems to be the best buy, but the 1.4 is a bit more economical.
Low mileage, full service history, and a long test run are required when buying.

So, see what bits you need or want on your ideal Note, and make your choice.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
It depends on the reg upto 2010 its got to be the tekna, the ntec plus replaced the tekna buton 2011 > cars specs can be erratic no folding mirrors, rear tables and missing engine covers on the 1.6 but to name a few

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Tommo56 said:
Missing engine covers???????????

Those bits of plastic, that hide what's under them. They clip on top of the engine, to make them look pretty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Really appreciate all the info.
I'm giving up my current car to get a note as its more "sensible". I definitely want to have all the toys as a kind of trade off.

I'm mainly going to be doing school runs and short drives with the occasional motorway drive. So the 1.6 auto sounds good to me.

Once again, thanks everyone for the help. always lovely to find such a friendly forum :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a Note N-tec, late 59 plate:Which has theAircon and not the climate control.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Things I don't have:
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">ESP - Electronic Stability Program.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Half Leather.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Intelligent Key.(Keyless Starting).
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Six speed manual boxes.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Parking sensors.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well I have a 12 plate 1.4 N Tec+ petrol.....and it has...fog lights, rear parking sensors, half leather seats, cruise control, Sat nav,alloy wheels,ESP,Bluetooth,underseat storage on passenger side,5 forward speed manual gearbox....I have to say I never saw a 6 forward speed manual gearbox Note when I bought mine and I had mine new........unless you like to count reverse as a gear...but wouldn't like to come out of 5th into reverse really !!!!

Pity they did away with the rear trays on the back of the seats, and now I thik they've done away with the underseat storage, they did away with folding mirrors too....shame.

I have had diesels for years.....but my last one...NOT a Nissan.... had a DPF and the engine blew up before it reached 9000 miles....so that was the end of new diesels for me......back to petrol after a long time with diesels....but this Note is superb and so economic too...so if things got the way they have been going with it since last July when I bought it.......it'll be staying a very long time.

Have to say all the bells and whistles are lovely...though I did have a good deal on the car I have to say that.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the only things missing on my "would of liked list" is heated seats and headlamp washers apart from that its full uk spec tekna (59 plate)
Ah i for got the lack of underseat storage on the later notes

·
Registered
138 Posts
I once had a Volvo withheated seats.......and...at the one stage they wouldn't turn off......Cooo...It wasn't good for the piles I can tell you... the wires got quickly disconnected !!!!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I loved the heated seats on my 240 and V70. That leather was bloody cold in the winter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got to agree with you on that one...... it wasn't long ago I had full leather upholstery....like you say....not good in winter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts