·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my new car I have two green (Blind Spot Warning and Line Departure
Warning) indicators on the speedometer and at the same time the yellow
light on the Warning System switch on the right side of the instrumental
panel.

<div -role="comment" itemprop="text" ="ips_normal ips_richText ipsContained" -controller="core.front.core.lighteds">

The switch is for a temporary switching the warning system off. If I push it, all lights go off - green on the speedometer and yellow on the switch.

The manual is unclear, but I would expect the yellow light on the
switch to go on if the system is temporarily switched off (no green
indicators on the speedometer).

Is my expectation incorrect and does the yellow light on the switch indicate that the system is on?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
There is so little E12 expertise on this forum that you would be far better offf asking your dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
bsw can be disabled on the connect this overrides the switch - as above there is very little info other than that what is in the manual (pages 5-26to 5-31)<div abp="869">
<div abp="870">Alink to the manual can be found at the top of this forum in the sticky

·
Registered
39 Posts
On mine, the light on the switch stays on while the system is working and that's what the salesman said is correct when I bought it. Its hidden behind the steering wheel so it's not distracting in any way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for replies.

Yet another question.
The manual (2-15) says:
When the ignition switch is pushed to the ON position, the indicator light will first illuminate in orange and turn green before turning off. This indicates that the Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system is operational.
However, my both BSW and LDW indicators remain on and green when driving. Does this really indicate some fault needing attention as per the manual:
If the light comes on and remains on, it may indicate that the BSW system is not functioning properly. Although the vehicle is still driveable, have the system checked by an NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop.
Like a yellow light on the switch indicating 'system on', it seems counter-intuitive to me that green indicators indicate some fault.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Thanks Grumbler for writing down first what BSW and LDW stand for. First off, I thought to myself, "my old Austin A40 Devon had nuts and bolts with the BSW thread

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have lane departure warning switched off,but sure it was green in display when switched on.Blind spot warning switched on and shows green icons in display which is normal as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Personally, I find manuals sometimes to be wrong/out of date/confusing so I'd be inclined to switch it "on", and then try and depart from a lane and see what happened. If something exciting did happen, then my idea of "on" is right, so I'd try again with it "off" to check it was off.
Then I'd know for sure what the lights mean.

·
Super Moderator
2,002 Posts
Off topic, but my next 'new' car will be a classic item, and the nearest thing to electronics will be an alternator, and electronic ignition. Then I can get back to fixing my car with a hand full of tractor spanners and a hammer.

Back too fixing the mechanics, and not worry about fixing the
electronics

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Well you did say Boysie, that most of the garages inyour area use tractor spanners. why be the odd one out?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Boysie isn't the only one, I'm sick of this shoddy "modern" stuff that breaks all the time and is all but impossible to work on.

I've changed my sig. to reflect this

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi grumbler,

1, green light on speedo shows both systems are working fine.
2, orange light next to steering wheel shows you have activated the systems by pressing that button.
3, green light on speedo will flash orange and bleep when car is detected in blind spot when turn signal is selected and/or lane is changed without turn signal selected.
4, if you turn off the system by pressing the button next to steering wheel all orange and green lights will turn off (for around 30mins or when the car is restarted, then system reactivates itself).
5, to turn off completely you need to find the setting through the touch screen selecting the various options. this will turn it off completely regardless of how long you drive or restart the car.

hope that clears it up for you.

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi ,I have some problem with my BSW,in tha past I have try to candle my factory stereo wit an android and doesn't work because the 360 factory camera are not compatible with, so I have to put back my factory stereo and always a warning come on the stereo display as SYSTEM IS LOCKED GREEN. I was to Nissan to fix that but they can't and they have tell me I have to change the stereo with an aftermarket wich is couple a hundred or by a original one which is around £3000😂😂😂 and after I left the showroom I been to buy a stereo SONY which is very nice but in my way my BSW come yellow and is always like that , before when was working suppose to be green and when someone overtake me com to yellow and a beep ...someone has any idea how I can fix that? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just I came from nissan service,because I have changed my factory navigation with an Dasaita android the BSW and LDW also the cameras don't work at all and nissan couldn't fix as dtey don't work on another sistem then factory,so pissed. If you guys know someone who can fix please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
If no one can help with this just now it is worth looking through 'search' because I've seen various posts in the past that cover issues with a different head unit.
If you can't find anything there, then it's worth asking on a nissan juke or quashy forum because they use the same connect system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts