Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say that as you grow older you get wiser, on the other hand once an idiot always an idiot!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Taxi driver....hmmmmm....you know that stalky thing sticking out the left side of the steering wheel? If you push it UP or DOWN it makes these little orange lights flash on and off on the corners of the car...very useful for letting other road users knowif you want to turn left or right or SPIN ROUND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD TO PICK UP THAT FARE YOU JUST SHOT PAST

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did'nt you know, Taxis all have a divine right to stop any place they like to drop off a fare even if it means blocking the road even when a suitable parking place is available! this also applies to take away delivery drivers.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Nosympathy at all for the cyclists in those clips.
You give them cycle lanes and look how many were actually using them properly.

The one where the silver cab pulled up in front of the cyclist was on TV last week. The cabbie pulled in because the smug and bloody arrogant (he was interviewed) cyclist had hammered on his cab.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
All road users should respect each others space. BUT.......cyclists don't pay road tax, do they.

If it wasn't for cars and trucks, the cyclists would still be riding on dirt tracks. Do the cyclists pay for all the alterations to signage and cycle lanes and tracks etc......NO.

And yes....cycles don't churn out pollution, but that's no excuse.

Pay you way cyclists, and until then...stop whinging.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is one of the cycle paths local to me and can you see why the cyclist can't use the cycle path ??? these idiots are all over it ignoring the white lines and cycling/pedestrian icons painted on the paths....the teacher in charge of them is at the back of them too busy texting...there is a photo of her too should you wish to see it, and this is typical of all cycle paths that share with pedestrians.... we all do pax taxes I should point out Boysie....see I am a motorist as well as cyclist and pedestrian and it is more than probable that their parents are the ones moaning about cyclists having to use the road....

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
As a road tax payer, then you're covered for your bike, in my eyes.

In my day, if we went out of school in force, it was two by two, in lines. As usual, pedestrians have right of way over most tarmac surfaces......but that's another story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts