Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to disconnect the rear wiper motor on a E11 Note 2007.
The connector does not have an obvious (to me) locking latch.

I have tried pressing in the middle of the slot of the connector with a thin flat blade screwdriver but the connector wont disconnect.

Is there a trick to this or a special tool?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi

As nobody replied, I had to find out the hard way!

There is a tiny barb on the plug (this is on the car wiring loom)

This latches in the socket, which is on the wiper motor. The little red dot shows the "bridge", where the barb latches.:

The arrow shows the actual piece of plastic that the barb latches against. To remove the plug, you need to insert a jewellers flat screwdriver, about 1 or 1.5 mm wide into the square opening on the front face of the connector body, ensuring the tip of the screwdriver is parallel to the bridge, then push it in until the the tip of the screwdriver just goes under the "bridge" (just in front of the arrow), then apply a bit of downward pressure to the end of the screwdriver, which should lift the bridge enough to allow the plug to be removed. Don't pry it up hard as you may snap the bridge, meaning the plug may not latch in the socket. Don't pull the plug until the bridge has been lifted, as the barb will dig in to the bridge and will prevent the bridge from lifting.

Good Luck.You will need it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nice to know you sorted it out and came back to let us know, it may help someone in the future.
Obviously nobody knew what to do or there would have been replies to your question, but now you have posted the solution, consider yourself a teacher.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts