Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought an 08 Note.

When I try to open the tailgate with the dodgy rubber switch it won't open fully 1st press, it catches on a rattly sort of safety catch, even if I hold the rubber in.
I have to release the button and press again to get it to open.

Is this supposed to happen?
Or do I need to adjust something?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds to me like you have either a faulty solenoid or that it has dirt in it.It should only need a light gentle touch for the tail gate to unlock, if you are pushing with great force as it is as switch as apposed to a standard lever action button it wont make any difference in how the lock works or not. there could be dirt in it or just a loose wire or more probably the switch is on its way out.
Not a difficult thing to fix yourself just awkward access issues.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mine does this all you have todo is hold the button while opening the boot, if you press and release it stops on the safety catch
its just a quirk of the car

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies, I squirted it with magic spray (GT-85) and apart from making it smell, it has freed it off nicely.
Now 9 times out of 10 the tailgate opens in one movement. On the 10th it sticks and needs a second press.

You knew where you were with a proper catch and press button, but I suppose it makes the locking a bit harder than just cutting the power feed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts