Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center tail lamp have problems. From start, proceed toinstall a newbulb, since the bulb socketwas empty. Surprise! bulb was powered even with ignition off. Maybe removing the bulb was the solution for previous owner. So, i think that is a defective relay, and i don't find it.
Sugestions?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
It maybe a wiring fault there is no relay for the stop lamp
look in the fsm section LT page 127

if its the rear fog lamp (center of rear bumper) this is a common bcm fault

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, its the rear fog lamp
what can i do?

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you need to replace the bcm what is programmed to the car so needs to be setup be a dealer in the uk its around £800 without any discount

·
Registered
103 Posts
flash22 said:
you need to replace the bcm what is programmed to the car so needs to be setup be a dealer in the uk its around £800 without any discount

WTF???? £800 ????????? Just to fix the foglamp?? WOW !!!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Just remove the bulb, this lamp is not necessary to the running of the car.
Unfortunately in the UK this lamp has to work properly at the annual inspection (MOT), hopefully this is not the case for you?

The alternative is to disconnect the lamp and run a new wire from the dashboard to the lamp through a switch. Take the supply from the headlamp feed and replace the rear bulb with an led version that takes much less current.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Tommo56 said:
flash22 said:

WTF???? £800 ????????? Just to fix the foglamp?? WOW !!!
you can double that if its an ipdm replacement !!!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
just a snippet from the esm..................
REAR FOG LAMP OPERATION
The lighting switch must be in the 1ST or 2ND position for rear fog lamp operation.
With the rear fog lamp switch in the ON position, the BCM directs powerThrough BCM terminal 69 to rear combination lamp RH (rear fog lamp) terminal 2.
Ground is suppliedTo rear combination lamp RH (rear fog lamp) terminal 1 andthrough grounds B13,B28,B38 and B48.
With power and grounds supplied, the rear fog lamp illuminate.
The unified meter control unit that received the rear fog lamp request signal by BCM via the CAN communication makes a rear fog lamp indicator lamp turn on in combination meter. (Dash)

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
800?... a good joke. Without bulb it's working just fine.

Anyway, the stalk command is working fine, the rear fog indicator lights up as normal. I can take electrical command from dash led to control a relay but too many wires are needed.

Or in one day i will try to remove bcm(depend how much work involves) and try to take a look inside.

Thank you for your posts.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
It would be very helpful if when you take the becm apart you photograph it and document your fix.

Seems to me that this pointless magic box is another way the manufacturers have found of parting us with our cash.

A becm is supposed to simplify the wiring., yet it appears that every switch goes to it, and every bulb wire comes from it. How does that make it simpler?
I suspect the actual cost is a lot nearer £8 than it is £800.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mnl said:
It would be very helpful if when you take the becm apart you photograph it and document your fix.

Seems to me that this pointless magic box is another way the manufacturers have found of parting us with our cash.

A becm is supposed to simplify the wiring., yet it appears that every switch goes to it, and every bulb wire comes from it. How does that make it simpler?
I suspect the actual cost is a lot nearer £8 than it is £800.
its not quite as simple as a relay its an electronic switch controlled via can hi and low its more akin to an ecu not only do you have the bcm but also the ipdm unit whats a headache on its own iirc a bmc is £340 plus vat but then your paying for it to be programed, usually nissan will cover some of the cost with cars under 5 years old with 30-50% discounts

like all modern electronics it all surface mount, so you need surface mount soldering gear to work on it not easy, like all electronics its all throw away and replace with new

1 - 11 of 11 Posts