Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I took my Note for a MOT today and failed due to suspension issues apparently, it is only 4 years old and it has only 22k :-O so, How it can suspension problems??? the Nissan dealer is charging me nearly £900 (including service which was due) I found that a bit suspicious as I did not notice anything wrong with the suspension despite they told me that 'it is difficult to feel that while you are driving' I am intrigued as I dont believe that a car with low millage and only 4y can have problems with the suspension, I would appreciate any comments and help thanks you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would get the dealer to give you a written report on the issue and tell them that your are reporting it to Nissan UK.
I have seen that the Nissan Notes are very big inEasternEurope. They have a very big owners club that you could ask them if they have had any issues -http://www.nissan-note.info/forum/

Do you go over many speed bumps?
Is it on the front or back?

Rich

·
Registered
109 Posts
Teneguia ,

i have a 57 plate note that i have just spent £440 on suspension parts/labour at a normal garage,

900 from a dealer is about what i would expect, seens that nissan are aware of a design flaw that has an update but is not covered on a recall basis,

suspension bushes and the "fix" did not fix my problem but a work around by the garage seems to have made all the difference

for info, the part for the updated part from nissan was £108, so if all they are doing is this part then you are paying almost 800 labour, as said by rich, get a breakdown of the costs and dont be ripped off.

mine was needed to be repaired because of a horrible creaking from the front n/s suspension

edit*, mine has 55000 miles on the clock
Edited by: paperman

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Get a detailed report but if you've got a FSH from Nissan I would be asking for some sort of good will payment or contribution from Nissan. 4 yrs 22k miles is too young to need that sort of spend if you ask me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts