Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been looking through the forum but need some help with the supercharger pipe.
I have a 64 plate 1.2 DIG-S, when not running ECO mode the pipe from the supercharger detaches itself due to a split in the pipe (it does make a fantastic whine though when it does!!). When in ECO mode the pipe stays attached as its not being used.
I've been given a replacement part no.144603VA1A but can't seem to find them anywhere other than Nissan who have a 6 - 8 week lead time and want over £350 + vat not including fitting. The main part suppliers near me don't stock or supply them. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get one quicker than 6-8 weeks and cheaper or if anyone is breaking a car and has the pipe for sale. I've been checking eBay but haven't come across any on there.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is that the plastic pipe that runs down the side of the engine past the accessory drive belt?

If so, the upper most part of that pipe became damaged on our Micra DIG-S when the belts were swapped when a garage took it to bits. Their fix - essentially glued it back on with some sort of epoxy. I wasn't impressed that I wasn't told about it, but its held and seems perfectly fine. Might be an option?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@kptg Thanks for that, no idea how you found the pipe I'd been searching for ages, or how you found the russian video come to think of it 😂, good watch though and quite a simple fix.
@SplanK Now you mention it the Aux belt was only replaced recently by a garage, good idea with the epoxy but think the pipe might be too far gone.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
103 Posts
Changing the aux belt requires to remove the SC pipe, so it was probably damaged by the garage. The pipe takes some pressure (vacuum to 2 bar?) but not so much, should not break by itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changing the aux belt requires to remove the SC pipe, so it was probably damaged by the garage. The pipe takes some pressure (vacuum to 2 bar?) but not so much, should not break by itself.
Thanks for that, think I'll be having a word with the garage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts