Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a Newbie, hello everyone.

I am buying a Note 11 plate 3,000 miles at the main dealer. They have asked me would I like to purchase Supagard inside and outside for the car. I can't remember how much somewhere between 300-400 hundred. Does anyone know anything about Supagard, is it worth having or not?

Many thanks

Tiggy

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
It should be 150-170 max to have it done, if you dont use the car much its worth it, if its a daily driver not really
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aye up Tiggy
Welcome aboard

Have you been tempted by the GAP insurance from the dealer? I was quoted £300 for 3 yrs, but checked out GAP insurance in the club info and it came out at £70

SF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for your reply.
I don't know much about this product, can you only have it done at the Main Dealer when you buy the car or are there other places that offer the inside and out service?

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I got my 2nd hand Golf from a Honda garage they refused point blank to negotiate on the price but I was apparently "lucky" and the manager "allowed" the salesman to throw in GAP insurance and Supagard inside and out. Can't say I've ever noticed it doing anything different to any of the other cars I've ever owned or driven. Certainly wouldn't pay hundreds for it. Probably best spending the same amount on a good cleaning / detailing kit / polisher to keep the paint in good nick for years to come.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I swear by Mer, easy to apply and a cracking finish.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mine got a good coat of megs gold class wax after it was washed and clayed when i got it, tbh it last a year whats fine

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
steer well clear of supaguard at the dealers , it costs the dealer £25 and they charge you £300/400 , its just a salesmans bonus and as they do not prep the car correctly first the supaguard will be gone before you know it

pay a good detailer £300 and you get your car prepped and corrected then a higher quality sealent used and it will last a lot longer and look a lot better

if you want to do it yourself then a thorough paint cleanse is required to allow the sealend to bond to paint , dont think just because its new its clean , i do a lot of new car details and the crap i pull off the paint would surprise you ,

a good alrounder is wolfs chemicals hard body nano sealent , much better than supaguard and £25 a bottle that would do 20 cars , if you want the best then i would use g-techniq's c1 , thats about £40

if you want supaguard then buy it from ebay for £6 and do it yourself
, the dealer one is a pure rip off

·
Registered
NL61 BPZ
26 Posts
steer well clear of supaguard at the dealers , it costs the dealer £25 and they charge you £300/400 , its just a salesmans bonus and as they do not prep the car correctly first the supaguard will be gone before you know it

pay a good detailer £300 and you get your car prepped and corrected then a higher quality sealent used and it will last a lot longer and look a lot better

if you want to do it yourself then a thorough paint cleanse is required to allow the sealend to bond to paint , dont think just because its new its clean , i do a lot of new car details and the crap i pull off the paint would surprise you ,

a good alrounder is wolfs chemicals hard body nano sealent , much better than supaguard and £25 a bottle that would do 20 cars , if you want the best then i would use g-techniq's c1 , thats about £40

if you want supaguard then buy it from ebay for £6 and do it yourself
, the dealer one is a pure rip off
What exactly does the supaguard do and why should you apply it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts