Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what as fantastic day it was , only a few juke owners but they more than made up for it being a really great bunch and thoroughly enjoyed meeting them all , the whole group qq and juke just seemed to get on great like we had known each other for years , the few beers we indulged in was nice and a nice carvery aswell

heres a few mixed pics of the day and a couple of videos , we were given special permission to take pics as its usually not allowed but no flashes as the workers dont need us lot flashing cameras in there faces while doing what is very likely a stressfull job , the cars move along constantly and 59 seconds is all each worker gets to complete the fitting of there parts before the car has moved into the next chaps bay for hime to do his stuff , if the line stops for any reason it costs nissan £3000 a minute while its stationary

loads of information from barry the guide who satrted there back when the plant first opened in 85 and was a fountain of knowledge ,

the cars are now 80% built by automated robots and 20% human as apposed to 80% humand and 20% robots when it first opened , there are unmanned trolleys that carry parts around the plant which was very cool to see

to think that almost all assembly jobs including fitting the engine and drive train takes less than a minute wasunbelievable

Currently they produce 480,000 vehicles a year. Their target this year is 500,000

there are 780 robots in the factory and they all work in synch with each other...they are almost human...it's weird to watch.

they were mostly LhD drive cars and were mostly Black, Gun Metallic, Silver and loads of Caffe Latte.if I remember correctly, if we had followed the whole paint line it would have been 7km just for that bit alone
but it was mentioned that 80% of the cars built there are lefty's ,they paint cars in batches of the same colour in batches of 20, the ovens that bake the paint on take up to 50 at a time!,!
<br style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">The varieties of wheels on the cars was staggering , there were loads of wheel types that i had never seen presumably for the foreign market...

<div style="text-align: left; ">as barry (the guide) said we were unlikely to remember much of the info as there was just soooo much being fired at us but what a great day
<div style="text-align: left; ">

<div style="text-align: left; ">big thanks to all for attending and i was humbled / shocked and a wee bit embarrassed at the presentation of the gift bags i recieved and the round of applause
(did i go as red as i felt
)

<div style="text-align: left; ">any way heres a few of the pics you all took and some videos that may interest some of you

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">

Here is our Fee..

Journey Up, Pit Stops and PickUps

Edited by: craigfishin

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Here are my Note pics from the day. I can echo what Craig said, fantastic day out and if we do it again next year you'll have to put your name down, it's well worth it!

/sunderlandnote/1.jpg
/sunderlandnote/2.jpg

/sunderlandnote/3.jpg

/sunderlandnote/4.jpg

/sunderlandnote/5.jpg

/sunderlandnote/6.jpg

/sunderlandnote/7.jpg

/sunderlandnote/8.jpg

/sunderlandnote/9.jpg

/sunderlandnote/10.jpg

/sunderlandnote/11.jpg

/sunderlandnote/12.jpg

/sunderlandnote/13.jpg

/sunderlandnote/14.jpg

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
, my phone battery died as we walked into the plant so had to rely on other peoples pics
as my phone was my camera

·
Registered
453 Posts
craigfishin said:
, my phone battery died as we walked into the plant so had to rely on other peoples pics
as my phone was my camera

Great photos
. Looks like you all had fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.