Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all .. our nissan note boot door is stuck. Ive looked at a video on how to open it. Ive climbed in unclicked the large black cover. On the "how to " video when he takes off the cover. there seems to be a white plastic rectangle in front of him . I cant see this Have I missed something anybody got any ideas. thanks. irene ps its a 2011 note we are trading in on friday. so typical a problem crops up !

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Look again, the white box (which is the lock shroud) is NOT in front of homeit is between the two 'skins' of the rear hatch.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Thanks to Nigel B for the video on the rear door not opening, once again we have new members coming in the forum and not even looking through search first.
Can I say what a very good and instructive video it was, it also showed how the wires bend and brake in the flexible tube between the body work and the boot lid.

Reactions: Nigel B

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to Nigel B for the video on the rear door not opening, once again we have new members coming in the forum and not even looking through search first.
Can I say what a very good and instructive video it was, it also showed how the wires bend and brake in the flexible tube between the body work and the boot lid.
Hi we have tried all of this on our note and the boot will still not open. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
989 Posts
As far as i'm aware, the way shown in the video above is the only way to open the boot if the wiring has failed, which it usually does as it's very cheap wire that was used by Nissan.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You need to move the manual release fully, the picture shows it in the locked position.

If you have done this, then the catch may be stuck (happens if you shut a coat or something in it), hold the release fully over and get someone really strong outside to push and pull the lid up and down until it gives in, but possibly this will take all the skin off your hands when the door opens if they are furiously pulling.

If it really really wont move, a hacksaw blade to the loop on the floor is the only way, or do as I do, and leave the back seat down and access from the rear doors ;)

Reactions: Sineu
1 - 6 of 6 Posts