Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i Start my Nissan Note 2006 PETROL 1.4 model up when its cold / in the morning i turn the ignition and hear a noise as if i have turned the ignition for too long, however I never do.

It happens about 0.5 - 1secondafter switching the engine on and the only way I can describe it is like turning the ignition for too long that sound of a crunch.

However in the hot weather it seems to never make this noise. only when its cold / morning for example if i nip in the shops and back to the car and start it up no noise.

Its very strange. no problems when driving or anything just turning that ignition.

Anyone heard this before? does your note make this noise? what is it?

Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
mdvineng said:
aircon pump clutch?
I thought of that but the OP says that it doesn't happen in hot weather.

Mine make the aircon clutch noise every time I start up.Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
aircon clutch does it because of overnight oxidisation on the discs, so it rarely happens in warm weather but a sticking starter motor bendix is more likely.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Well I've learned something. I guess living opposite parkland and routinely covered in condensation means that my aircon clutch will make the noise every morning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So would you guys consider this noise to be normal?

I also thought it could be something to do with the aircon i don't know why.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
there has been many discussions on here but without a audio file to listen to, it's always a guess, some peoples cars squeal first thing in the morning especially if damp overnight.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
ok this sounds like an old problem that used to occur on my old VW bus...if the starter solenoid is just a little bit off centre it could stick until the ring gear vibrates it enough to shake it back to the return position. I used to whack mine with a club hammer on the end of a bit of 2x4 but you may want to use a spanner and do the job properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts