Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2006. 1.4 Note with a damaged drivers door.. It was not a big damage but the insurance company paid for a new door. After a door change I have a strange, quiet but very irritating vibrating noise from the door but only when window is fully or almost fully closed. Any ideas?

Ivan

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You will have to take the trim panel off for investigation. (Unless you can take it back to whoever fitted the new door)
May be the window mechanism hasn't been adjusted/fitted correctly, or something is loose.

The trim panel is held by expanding plastic rivets, once the interior handle trim and switch panel are removed, there is a tool to remove these, or be prepared to buy several replacements.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Ask your Insurance company, if they have paid off the repair bill. If not, go back to the repair shop and ask them to sort it out.

If it has been paid off, I would still try your repairers, but make sure about any extra charges for doing the work.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its the window rubber thay dry out and make the window creak a squirt of silicone spray in the rubber window channel should sort it
dont use wd40 !!!!!

my passenger window was doing it, had the door card off that theres nothin wrong, sprayed up the rubber and the noise was gone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..thanks everyone:) ..think I'll try to spray the rubbers first (great idea, Flash) ..also I would like to open the door panels myself, rather than go to the service.. I saw the "speakers change" topic and it looks like an interesting job, and maybe i can fix some speakers vibrations at the same time:))

Thanks again, everyone..

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
If you cant get silicon spray most cycle accessory shops sell small bottles of PTFE chain lubricant which is a great (and cheaper) alternative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts