Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a used Nissan Note (2007 MPV). On arrival, the boot wouldn't unlock (it was a national wide delivery). I was assured that if I get some quotes, the seller (trade) will sort this out for me. So I signed for it.

I've just figured out how to get into the boot (not unlock the boot door, but access the boot) by lowering the back seats down - and I've noticed there's a fair amount of sloppy grey paintwork (might even be soldering, I'm not a mechanic) around the bottom metal part of the boot.

When I drive the car, it's quite creaky from the back, so I guess I'm just a bit worried - looking for some peace of mind.

If I take a photograph of it, would anyone in here be able to tell me if this paintwork/soldering (whatever it is) is normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Someone may be able to give their opinion of what it could be.
I would be wary that it could be a car that has had rear end damage repaired, possibly badly, which could account for the creaking noise.
You might be able to find out with the insurance database, you may have to pay a fee or you could do a car check which you pay for, either way it would be a small price to pay for peace of mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone may be able to give their opinion of what it could be.
I would be wary that it could be a car that has had rear end damage repaired, possibly badly, which could account for the creaking noise.
You might be able to find out with the insurance database, you may have to pay a fee or you could do a car check which you pay for, either way it would be a small price to pay for peace of mind.
Hi Sineu,

Thanks for your reply.

I did run a HPI check before I bought it, with Green Flag and it didn't come back with any problems.

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
If the accident wasn't reported, or no insurance was claimed......it will not show up on a HPI check. You need to look further into this possible accident damage, up on ramps more than likely.

·
Registered
819 Posts
As Boysie says, get an inspection done by the AA or RAC, they will be impartial and may uncover something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, thanks.

I don't suppose I could photo it and upload a picture on here for you guys to look at?

I may be completely wrong. Maybe the paint has just been to cover rust or something?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Go for it m8.
A picture is sometimes better for others to look at if they cannot form a mental picture of what you described.
The paint in the boot should be body colour as far as i know, so is your car grey ?
The boot not unlocking is usually down to the wires in the rubber boot at the top edge of the tailgate breaking. Just to help, Nissan made all the wires the same colour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go for it m8.
A picture is sometimes better for others to look at if they cannot form a mental picture of what you described.
The paint in the boot should be body colour as far as i know, so is your car grey ?
The boot not unlocking is usually down to the wires in the rubber boot at the top edge of the tailgate breaking. Just to help, Nissan made all the wires the same colour.
Sorry for the late reply, I did reply to this but just noticed it didn't publish.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

I'll take a picture tomorrow (had a busy week).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts