Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my 3rd Note, first of the new generation (2015 reg). One of the novelties is the stop/ start. I don't do much urban traffic, my thought is that the effort and wear and tear to restart the engine is more than the savings in diesel for 10 seconds, so the very first thing I did and got used to do is to disable it at the start of any trip. Now the questions (2):
  • What are your thoughts on the start/ stop ?
  • Is there a way to either permanently disable it, or, preferably, to have it disabled by default and enable with the button?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
We have stop start on the vans and cars at work ( not the electric ones ).
If we keep the clutch pedal depressed when we stop at lights etc, the engine does not stop.
Maybe the same happens with the note ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the auto stop needs the gear stick in neutral and the clutch pedal released, holding the clutch depressed keeps the engine idling, but I would like not to be forced to have my foot there, maybe I'm just becoming old and grumpy, feel free to tell me that if you think so, lol

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
No supported way to turn it off, but some Russians trick it by disconnecting the hood close/open sensor. Start/stop system checks a myriad of conditions before working, including hood is not opening. Not sure if it causes any issue though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checks a myriad of conditions
I can imagine, and I'm not keen to do that as I don't know what other things it may affect and how such a hack may affect security and/ or liability in case of accident/ claim.
So I will just get used to the routine of pressing the button.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
Most of engine wear happened when engine is cold. Start/stop only works when engine is warm so I think the wear is negligible.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you want to disable the stop start you caould always find the switch on the clutch pedal, unbolt it from it's mounting and tape it in the closed position then cable tie it up out if the way.
Easy to refit it if you sell the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts