Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to treat Mrs. Monkeh.
I've had in my possession a double din fascia, I want to fit the stock double din stereo for her with bluetooth.
Wiring it up, Would it be best to obtain a section of loom from the donor and adapt it or is there an adapter loom flying about?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Have a search for fitting a connect unit on here, it uses the same odd Nissan connectors, you can get adaptors for going from Nissan to ISO but not the other way round.

I think the single DIN unit that you already have uses standard ISO connectors, if this is the case, you'd probably be better off with one of the Android head units, which are standard ISO.

Remember the Nissan bluetooth calling won't work without the fitted microphone from behind the mirror, you would need the mic and wiring too, the Android units have a mic built in.
The nissan most likely has a powered aerial too, another adaptor needed....

I wouldn't modify an ISO loom to Nissan, You end up trapped with the Nissan units, which are not very reliable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a search for fitting a connect unit on here, it uses the same odd Nissan connectors, you can get adaptors for going from Nissan to ISO but not the other way round.

I think the single DIN unit that you already have uses standard ISO connectors, if this is the case, you'd probably be better off with one of the Android head units, which are standard ISO.

Remember the Nissan bluetooth calling won't work without the fitted microphone from behind the mirror, you would need the mic and wiring too, the Android units have a mic built in.
The nissan most likely has a powered aerial too, another adaptor needed....

I wouldn't modify an ISO loom to Nissan, You end up trapped with the Nissan units, which are not very reliable.
I would be able to wire up the microphone, I should be able to source one and fitting wouldn't be an issue.
You are correct, Its the standard ISO cables. I've been looking through past posts I was hoping I could find some cable outs so I could sort of mock up a loom ready and not too much info
Android isn't an option, I'll look at Sony units. "Simple, stock looking and bluetooth"
Reliability is a concern, If they aren't reliable, I wont bother. If it breaks when she's driving I won't hear the end of it!
Thanks for that. I will post up further findings.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It seems that you can get a 6 disc unit from an early car with ISO connectors, but we are talking 2007/2008 ish, it will be well past its sell-by date now

I think a Sony bluetooth unit would be a better bet too, stick with single DIN if you don't need the navigation screen. Do all Sony still have the 1/8 remote jack on the back for the
RM-X2S remote stalk? I used to have one on the steering column, much better than the buttons on the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts