Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have this Nissan Stereo. After I setup the bluetooth connection to my phone. I seem to be able to listen to the radio for about 1 minute before it turns itself off. Screen off, audio off and the on/off button doesn't do anything. Only way I can get it back on is to press the eject button for the CD. When I factory reset everything the radio works as expected.

Anyone got any ideas what setting I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sounds like the classic over heating issue it may be ok for a few years it could die tomorrow
what phone and does it do it if you un pair the phone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't tried unpairing the phone. It's running Android and it's an Huwaii phone.

Was using the stereo for hours yesterday without a problem - hadn't paired the phone at that point. Paired the phone on the drive last night after a 120 mile trip. It was doing it today after being on for about 1 minute.

Reset to factory settings on a 12 mile journey this afternoon and the radio stayed on like it should.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've worked out the problem isn't over-heating. It's caused by the phone going into stand-by mode, it's sending some kind of signal to the radio sending it into a stand-by mode.

Huwaii phone

- problem stops if the phone is unpaired.
- problem stops if bluetooth is turned off on stereo.
- problem stops if the bluetooth is turned off on the phone

Using a different phone (Nokia Windows phone), the bluetooth works perfectly and the steering controls interact perfectly with the phone.

So the solution is going to have to be switching phones.

Weird that there is some sort of setting that I can't find. I'm guessing it's on the phone not the radio, but he radio seems to function fine.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Don't have any problems with my Nokia 6630
It paired up just like that
. Loading contacts, straight forward
. PAYG, last put in £20.00 just 5 months ago, still got just over £12.00 left
.Now that's a cheap mobile use
. None of this £25/£35.00 a month job
.Never heard of a phone called "Huwaii" Who makes that
It's all very nice having the latest technology, but can cause a lot of problems

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Could be that because the implementation of Bluetooth on the original Connect system is such an early one that something on your Huawei phone, which will undoubtedly have a much later variant,is screwing things up.
Huawei who are now the world's largest telecoms manufacturer and who also make broadband kit for BT are banned for bidding on US contracts because of fears of embedded spyware and security issues.

A result of this publicity is that Huawei phones are not that popular over there and ZTE another Chinese mega-Telco stole a march only to be accused of exactly the same thing a few months later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After posting this last year, I went back to using my Nokia 520 Windows phone. Everything was working perfectly.

Bought a new Nokia 635 this week, and the same thing is happening again. Stereo shuts down after exactly 60 seconds. Checked the specification of the Nokia and both my old and new phone use Bluetooth 4.0 system.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its not the standard its the way its implemented tbh - imho nokia is dead, Microsoft asset striped it and got rid of most of the staff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Touch wood - it now seems to be working fine.
I went to the paired devices section on the stereo, deleted the pairing with the phone. rebooted the phone, turned off ignition, turned back on again, paired the devices again. This time the pairing was much quicker and easier. Nissan Connect was identified straight away - took ages yesterday and the pairing was done in a second as opposed to the 15 seconds it took yesterday.

As for Nokia, I like this phone, £39 for a 4G handset with a decent camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a similar issue with my Nissan Note I bought my wife for Xmas. I was driving with the music playing and all of the sudden it shuts off and then starts again.

How do I rectify this problem?

surely we need to pair the phone with the Connect to make calls off the Bluetooth.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
kop1lion

You mention Connect. prepare for the worst.

Shutting off and restarting is often swiftly followed by shutting down for 15 minutes or coming on at full volume and being unresponsive to the steering wheel controls.

Connect isn't called the LCN (Low Cost Navigation) without good reason.

If it is under warranty get it back without delay, if not then you are looking at a bare minimum of £400 for a recon unit(dealers have no skills in repairing them and most car audio places won't touch them) or.....£1700 for a new Connect system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

if the issue only occurs when your smartphone (you mentioned huawei) is linked, I have had the same issues and resolved it.

do you by any chance sync your facebook/whatsapp/etc contacts with your address book on your phone?

when you link your phone to the car Connect will try and sync your address book. It throws a major wobbly when there are ANY non standard contacts on your phone (as above). mine got to the point that connect just shut off and only turning ignition off/on would bring it back.

when I removed all non-standard contacts from my phone (in my case a Huawei Honor 5x) the problem disappeared.

alternatively when you pair your phone with connect for the first time and get the "connect wants to access address book" message on your phone, say NO. this will solve the issue but you wont have the address book in your car.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's the phone book as stated above. Had 2 notes 2013 worked fine now got a 2012 and only works if I don't share contacts. I have huawei p smart.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
As the post before your own was almost four years ago I figure that the poster (who hasn't been on the forum since June 2016) may have the problem solved by now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts