Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has any one of you crowd out there ever had your front discs changed, and subsequently found wobble of the steering wheel during light braking?
I have had myDiscs and pads changed for the second time(under warranty of parts) due to thier warp, and not this is not a Star trek Question Sneak!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes, I changed mine @21k with new pads also, then did some hard braking to bed the pads to the new discs. No warp problems at all. Could be caused by binding calipers overheating the discs due to heat.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
My auto needed discs @ 15,000

Must be made of very poor cast iron. No problems with the Mintex replacements as yet.

(The manual does warn of dire consequences if they don't say Nissan on them though
)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
oem pads are rock ard and thay eat discs, wobble under braking could be something as simple as the caliper not sliding properly

Is it any worse when everything is nice and hot ie. after a long fast run ??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you brake hard , like you have a tail gater behind you its smooth, however if you brake gnetly and progressively it wobbles/vibrates the steering wheel alot until you apply more pressure.As for sneaky "Beam me up Sneaky!!, and dont forget the Trunk"

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
greenplane said:
If you brake hard , like you have a tail gater behind you
Errm, isn't that a good way to have a car embedded in your tailgate?

If they are that close you ought to pull over and let them go past, then someone else can have the accident.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It does sounds like the caliper could be sticking. May not have been cleaned or dirt got in, when you had your new discs done. I had a dirty piston on my Almera which when braking at HIGH speed it would give me a little wobble.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they are that close i need to pull over??/?Surely people shouldnt tailgate, therefore why should i pull over, as there seems to be a culture now of people either "C L O C I N G" Centre Lane Owners Club , others who dont know how to use indicators when manovering, plus those Numpties that seem to their upmost to intimidate other drivers, by tail gating. the only vehicles you need to get out of the way to are of the emergency type, not these people in their fast BMW's, Mercs and Lexus's.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
A quick story about tailgating...
Many years ago I was on my way to Shepherds Bush via the Chiswick High Rd early one morning. From Gunnersbury Station to Goldhawk Rd, some little twerp in a Maestro kept trying to nudge my back bumper...I gave him a flash of fog lamps, which provoked a furious bout of horn blasting from the idiot. At the Goldhawk junction, he screamed past me on the left, giving a 'salute' as he slewed into a left turn worthy of Paddy Hopkirk...only to disappear down a huge trench dug in the street by the Water Board! Guess who had to call the ambulance for the clown...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
greenplane said:
If they are that close i need to pull over??/?Surely people shouldnt tailgate, therefore why should i pull over, as there seems to be a culture now of people either "C L O C I N G" Centre Lane Owners Club , others who dont know how to use indicators when manovering, plus those Numpties that seem to their upmost to intimidate other drivers, by tail gating. the only vehicles you need to get out of the way to are of the emergency type, not these people in their fast BMW's, Mercs and Lexus's.
Your choice. It's your neck, literally if they slam into the back of you
Wait 'till you try to claim off their non-existent insurance or even trace their made up private plate when they just drive off afterwards.

If someone wants to go faster than me I let them. I don't try to use my car to impose my behaviour standards or my perception of the rules of the road on others. That can only end in tears.

·
Registered
52 Posts
on my old car, a civic, i had new discs and pads from honda and there was a major shaking under moderate breaking at higher speeds 65-80ish. took it back to honda and they skimmed the discs was fine after that. dont know why they would need doing when brand new but it solved the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts