Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2006 SE I wanted to swap out the single CD stereo for a more modern one. The one I chose does not have a steering wheel interface.

The info button for the computer also does not work once you disconnect the control from the stereo, however it is a simple fix to get the button to work again without needing to plugged into a stereo.

Simply connect the Red wire on the connector to the Black wire. A photograph of the connector is shown below.

I simply have a short length of wire with the bare ends tinned with
solder pushed into the other side, and all bound up with Electrical
tape. Not very elegant but it works, and I can easily remove the tape
and reconnect the original stereo come sale time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've installed an aftermarket head unit into my Micra and lost the info button functionality too, so this guide has made my day! Has been a pain having to reach through the steering wheel into the dial binnacle to change the trip computer!

May go out and try it in a bit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you for sharing gazza_d .... I have just looped red/black and the steer "i" button is now controlling the trip display..Advice is very much appreciated ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I am new at this forum, and i am verry interestted in this item, i have a Nissan Note 2007
I have a aftermarket radio whit navi, and it is passible to connet the steeringwheel control to the radio.
I have the same connector as above, and my radio has a connector with 4 leads.
AD (black) - AD (green) - IR (wihte) - GND (black)
Is it possible to connect this so i can use the steeringwheel for the radio.

sorry for my poor english, but i am from the netherlands.

In advance thaks for responding

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes if your stereo supports steering wheel controls, you then just need to buy the correct interface, theres not one for the note, so one for the micra or qashqai May work but you will have to modifiy it

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes my stereo supports steeringwheel controls. i have been lokking for the interface, but there are for panasonic, sony ect.my stereo is i think from china, so is there a standard interface and is that with the other connectors as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts