Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently had an aftermarket android unit fitted and the person that's done it has not wired the steering column radio controls back in, not a biggie has I never really used them anyway. What I did use though was the source button for the trip meter, mpg etc and this is no longer working, all i have is the amount of miles left before I need to refuel.

Presumably if I get him to put the radio control wires into the android unit the source button will work, or is this likely to be something different?

·
Registered
823 Posts
It could be that the spiral cable has a broken wire in it. Or it could be that the person that fitted the radio dislodged the connection to the source button. Get them to check over their work to try and narrow down the problem.
To get the wheel controls working as they were usually means buying a connector for the head unit but it must also be for your car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Most or not all of those cheap replace radios do not work with Nissan steering control. Would it be I would have long replaced mine. What you need android for anyway. Use a cell phone to do what you want. I have a cheap rearview camera and mirror monitor from Ali express, 36 euro the lot. Now how to fit it all in the Note without tearing up too much?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts