Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, i am currently running a 2008 1.4 acenta and one of those small things about the car that is bugging me is the fact that the audio controls on the steering wheel do not illuminate and i would like to know if they can be made to light up internally ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Mine don't but apparently the later ones do! so may be a straight swap from a breakers. The non lit buttons may not be translucent so fitting your own Led's may be more painful than swapping. Check the technical section on here.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc the later prefacelifts have them and the facelift models all bar the el boggo models have them too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I'd be interested in swapping my steering remote controls over as its a pain trying to work out what button does what when driving to work in the early hours of the morning!! I had a 2006 mondeo which was the same with the cruise control buttons on the wheel- they didn't illuminate either and in this country your more likely to use it when the traffics quiet which is generally at night or in the early hours if the morning when it's dark!!

What year did the illuminated buttons come in? In guessing any note with cruise control fitted will have them and it being a straight swap?

Mike.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i havent swapped them but from past experiances with other cars you have to change the clockspring (basically a big coil of ribbon cable in a case behind the wheel that alows you tho turn the wheel aswell as using the horn, airbag and controls)
tbh it would be case of having a look by removing the airbag (disconnect the battery for 20 min or so first) and see what plugs/sockets there are

you maybe able to pick up a 12v feed from some thing else in the wheel non airbag related of course

iirc the illlum controls are 08 plate onwards

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's a swine as my car is from 2008 but its not got them!! Sounds like a load of aggro just to get them swapped over. Guess ill have to learn Braille and get dots put on them lol.

Mike.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Cheap fix.........Glow in the dark paint, on the control you want. As it's water based, it shouldn't harm anything. But it might need retouching a few times.
Mind you, you're steering wheel will look like a kiddies toy.

Check out fleabay.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there usually on the tekna's and/or the older sve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Mines a 57 plate Tekna, I'm pretty sure the cruise control models only have the illuminated buttons on the wheel? I'll have to take a pic and upload it on here for someone to look at and verify.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My 08 tekna does not have light up steering wheel buttons.
I just use the buttons and dials on the radio anyway., but I'm a bit of a Luddite.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 58 plate Teknadon'thave them either, but I find them easy enough to navigate in the dark, just takes a bit of getting used too

Izzy

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I've had my Note for three years now, and I couldn't tell you if my wheel lights up or not? to be honest, I don't thinkit does as I think it could be distracting. My memory's sh*t due to 2 strokes, but I don't give it a second thought when using the cruise control, which I use a lot, as for the radio controls, I listen to the local station, if there's nothing on that or out of the area I use either CD's or the memory stick,then it's a matter of top toggle switch, flick down to go to the next track, or the bottom switch, left or right for volume. Never used the (SRC) button, not a clue what it does and I'm not really bothered (when the time comes, and I won't to find out what the SRC button does, I willlook it up in the hand book)and the (!) button I only use after I've filled up with diesel to reset the readings. Must say not until I just looked at the wheel, I didn't remember the SRC button, could beby pressing that, it could give me for a second or so an extra 100 bhp to get a GP start at the lights, and leave a trail of rubber on the road

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
src button is the source button, The traffic lightGP, the SRC button mite helpto switch from radio 4 to thatthrash metalcd
The buttons do light up orange but there only dim, just like a blond with 2 bottles of Bacardi breezer at 2am

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Took the Note out last night, I have a low orange light behind the buttons on thesteering wheel. used the SCR button, I'll stick to using the buttons on the connect

·
Registered
75 Posts
mnl said:
My 08 tekna does not have light up steering wheel buttons.
I just use the buttons and dials on the radio anyway., but I'm a bit of a Luddite.
2014 Tekna does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts