Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Notelets. I recently bought a nearly new N-Tec 1.6 auto, and am well pleased with it apart from one thing. The steeringseems a little on thestiff side at all speedsand a bit vague - the only way of describing it is likedriving with tyres way below correct pressure (they are not!) and I'm forever making (very slight) corrective movements of the steering wheel especially during motorway trips. It's been stated on this forum that the Note has light and fairly precise steering which stiffens up at higher speeds, also the Continental tyres fitted are a bit iffy, so any comments will be welcomed. Is it just me expecting too much? I'll get the dealer to have a lookat the next serviceas the car is under warranty for another 18 months.
Cheers. Ken

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Get them to take a look now. I would not like to think of a potential steering problem with the 'electric steering'. Get them to check that all if functioning 'within spec'.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Get them to have a look, but compared to the hydraulic power steering on The Other Car my note has quite heavy steering.

If I go out in The Other Car after a week in the Note it takes a few miles to get used to how light the steering feels in comparison.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Notes are not good on badly worn tyres and if your on the Motorway and in the lefthand lane be aware of the HGV tram track effect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
mdvineng said:
if your on the Motorway and in the lefthand lane be aware of the HGV tram track effect.

Mine (1000 miles from new) does seem to very slowly steer to the left on motorways/dc's and I put it down to the track being not quite the same as the tramlines in lane one. Steering feels a little heavier than my old Fusion but I put that down to everything being new.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
When I got mine, sometimes it felt that the steering was ever so slightly pulling left but a quick check by using the opposite side of the road showed a road camber affect, i.e. it pulled slightly right, on a known flat surface nuetral steering.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i would also check the battery, as its under warrenty take it back asif its the eps motor your looking at £600 upwards (out of warrenty)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mines fine and always has been. Get it checked. There was an issue with Honda Jazz have a problem with their electric steering box causing similar symptons so perhaps yours is faulty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts