Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm not a Note owner yet, but hope to be soon.
I have recently seen videos of people making stealth or micro campers in cars and love the idea.
From the outside it looks to me as though a note would be an ideal car for doing something like this with.
Has anyone here had any experiments with it?
Also could anyone tell me what the maximum achievable length of the back would be ? (with front seats as far forward as possible) - Just want to check I will actually be able to fit in it laying down before I get too carried away!

Thank you very much in advance.

Dan

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Dan,
There would be enough length with the front seats forward, but the only problem is that the rear seats don't fold down flat.
In my Astra estate mk5 (2007) there was plenty of room to sleep (i did several times) and the seats would fold down nice and level.
In a note you might need to remove the rear seat squabs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess Dan likes the challenge of camping micro style.
It would be a squeeze for me, but i reckon Nicola Sturgeon would be able to stand up in a Note with her high heels on.

Thanks for the replies chaps.
I'd love to look at vans like the NV200 but at the moment the budget is against me. I liked the look of the Note as they're economic to run and buy, seemingly have loads of space, and having had Nissans in the past i'm sure they're really reliable too.

That's a shame about the seats, but gives me food for thought.

I saw this video on youtube of a Note in which the rear seats fold flat. The video is from New Zealand so guessing they might get Japanese versions?

Think I need to have a look at one closeup and see what ideas I can come up with:unsure:

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Be careful though, as any changes may affect your insurance policy. You know what they are like, will do anything to weedle out of any claim you may need to make, plus it could also invalidate your insurance.
The NV200 was just a possibility, there are plenty of earlier smaller Nissan Vans and more than likely cheaper, and easier to convert. They will more than likely use most of the mechanical parts of the Note. or Renault.

//

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd love to look at vans like the NV200 but at the moment the budget is against me. I liked the look of the Note as they're economic to run and buy, seemingly have loads of space, and having had Nissans in the past i'm sure they're really reliable too.

I saw this video on youtube of a Note in which the rear seats fold flat. The video is from New Zealand so guessing they might get Japanese versions?

Think I need to have a look at one closeup and see what ideas I can come up with:unsure:

Thanks again

Thanks again

Sorry, forgot to post the actual video !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful though, as any changes may affect your insurance policy. You know what they are like, will do anything to weedle out of any claim you may need to make, plus it could also invalidate your insurance.
The NV200 was just a possibility, there are plenty of earlier smaller Nissan Vans and more than likely cheaper, and easier to convert. They will more than likely use most of the mechanical parts of the Note. or Renault.

//
Of course, thanks for the heads up, that hadn't occurred to me.
I'll have a look at other vans as an alternative, although after watching a fair few videos and reading lots of reviews, I still do really like the idea of the Note, hoping if I see one I might be able to see a way to build something removable that could make the back flat with rear seats folded down, it's all part of the fun !

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Seems that video is for a Japanese import. Is this in New Zealand. Can't make out the country of the reg, or the accent of guy selling it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems that video is for a Japanese import. Is this in New Zealand. Can't make out the country of the reg, or the accent of guy selling it.
Yes it is from NZ, which made me think it could be a Japanese import.

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
E11 model is available before 2013 reg. And the seats still don't lay flat, as I own a 2010 model. Possibly pre 2007 Models may have seats that fold flat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts