Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My note 2008 Reg has just started to give me problems, I have the intelligent key system, it will let me open the doors but when I put my foot on the brake I can not turn the ignition switch.

It happened to my husband he used the actual key and it started OK, next time I went to use the caragain it started OK with the intelligent key. then a week later same problem.

Any ideas what could be cuasing this intermittent problem ?

Regards

Sharon

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have you changed the battery in the intelligent key ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for quick response had batteries changed in both keys. And having the problem withe both keys , I think now it must be something wrong with the actual ignition switch .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Had batteries changed in both key fobs my feeling it might be the actual ignition switch going into main dealer next week, waiting for the shock !

·
Registered
276 Posts
In my earlier post I actually meant the main car battery rather than the key fob batteries; voltage dips can cause all sorts of intermittent problems with so-called 'intelligent' electronics!If you're at all suspicious of the battery I'd be inclined to change it before you risk running up a main-dealer-sized bill

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Is it a auto ?? if so there is a cable that stops you starting the car in gear it wont let you turn the key, we had a member on here with the same issue what turned out to be a doggy battery, with the weather we have had the cold may of got to it, the cable can also become slack

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
If you have to change the 'main' battery then Euro Car Parts have 20% off if you use the code websaver20 at the checkout on their website.

I have just got an S3 063 Bosch battery for my friend's Micra (same battery as the Note) for £39.33 inc VAT (Halford's price £69.99).Edited by: Nigel B

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I would think its the battery then

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had an issue with a friends car yesterday (2004 auto micra), I was trying to start it & the ignition wont turn unless I wiggle the steering wheel hard & the ignition switch feels like it turns correct then it starts. I don't think its the battery as it was changed 6 months ago & it doesn't hesitate to start once you are able to turn the ignition key. I do feel that when I try to turn it, the ignition switch seems to be stuck or out of sync. I imagine this is similar to the note.

Anyone has experience in sorting this type of issue with the intelligent key? Will it be better in the long run to have it changed to a regular key? I wonder what the price will be for that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The steering lock can trap against the pin in the ignition switch which stops you from turning the key you have to turn the wheel slightly in the direction the front wheels are facing to releive the pressure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
STEVIEB59 said:
The steering lock can trap against the pin in the ignition switch which stops you from turning the key you have to turn the wheel slightly in the direction the front wheels are facing to releive the pressure.

Yes the steering wheel was unlocked & ti was still difficult to turn the ignition key on (intelligent key)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts