Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently taken delivery of a new Note ntec 1.5 diesel
but, every time I start the car from cold, I have to turn over the engine several times and, when it does start, it makes an awful chugging noise.
That clears quite quickly and, after that, it runs fine. The noise only occurs when starting from cold. I have booked the car in to a local dealer to have it checked in a week's time but I would like to know if anyone has experienced and resolved the same problem. I know that, when I get to the garage, I will not be able to reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You need the heater coil to go out first. Turn theignitionon first, put your seat belt on and by this time most of the lights on the dash will have gone off. Turn the key and away you go
I have had no issues with mine. If the light is off and you are having issues starting then as Nissan.
Also run with Shell fuel

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
most nissan heater coils switch off rather too quickly for my liking so in cold weather i would advise waiting for the coil light ot go out then turn off ignition and repeat a second time before starting

·
Registered
39 Posts
craigfishin said:
most nissan heater coils switch off rather too quickly for my liking so in cold weather i would advise waiting for the coil light ot go out then turn off ignition and repeat a second time before starting
On a new car? I don't think I'd be happy with that. If it doesn't start on the money now (after the glow plug light has gone out) what's it going to be like in a few years time? I'd have it straight back to Nissans and it wouldn't be coming back till it was fixed. Mind you, I wouldn't have a diesel in the first place. Diesel engines are for lorries, buses and boats, not cars!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Karlosfandango said:
craigfishin said:
On a new car? I don't think I'd be happy with that. If it doesn't start on the money now (after the glow plug light has gone out) what's it going to be like in a few years time? I'd have it straight back to Nissans and it wouldn't be coming back till it was fixed. Mind you, I wouldn't have a diesel in the first place. Diesel engines are for lorries, buses and boats, not cars!

I want air brakes fitting to my diesel so it sounds more like a truck

The day will come when you can get a true diesel sports car.

I think that the plugs turn on until they are reach acertaintemperatureand then turn off. That would explain why in summer time they don't need to be on for long and in winter the light stays on for longer!!!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i love diesels now , used to be a petrol head but i love the torque and turbo of a deisel and the mpg

doubt i will go back to petrol but im guessing i may end up in a battery powered car in years to come

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice one sneaky. I've just changed from a Golf Tdi to a Note 1.4. Have to say the Note is a much better car around the town. Petrols just drive better in stop start traffic IMHO. The Golf was much better out on the dual carriageway and motorway but horses for courses. Given the price of diesel fuel (nasty smelly stuff), additional cost when buying the car and likely higher maintenance (all those DPFs, glow plugs and so on) you really need to do a lot of miles before a diesel becomes a cheaper option. As for electric cars, I'll get one when you can do more than drive to the shops before you need to recharge it and replacement batteries don't cost £7,000!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
try the new renaults new electrics you rent the batterys for £1300 quid a year and still need to charge them theres got tobe a better way

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
flash22 said:
try the new renaults new electrics you rent the batterys for £1300 quid a year and still need to charge them theres got tobe a better way
Here is the answer...the NISSAN HYBRID ROADSTER (with wind turbine for zero emissions)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts