Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

because i am an idiot and broke my own rule of not eating chocolate in the car I have got a nice brown smudge on the drivers seat base. mine is that beige colour seat. any ideas on how to get it off. it looks like a skid mark

I'm thinking nail varnish remover but really dont know if it will work. although it did once work on a wedding dress.

I do feel a right idiot though as my 5 year old is always so careful in the car.

many thanks
ollymu

·
Registered
19 Posts
I work out of the office a lot and am always eating in the car and messing up the seat.
In my experience the best thing to do is to sponge the stain off with soft water - not too vigorously or it will spoil the fabric.
Stain removers tend to leave their own stain!
Do NOT use nail varnish remover - the resulting mark will be worse than the original
At the most, use a stain remover designed for upholstery but test it in an inconspicuous place first

·
Registered
311 Posts
Have you tried using a steamer iv have one and without much effort you can get the stain to lift with the heat of the steam, then gently dab with a micro fibre cloth and hey presto stain gon, though watch your bum when the seats wet.!!!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Ollymu,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I can personally recommend two products that I have used successfully:-
1) simoniz Dri-Clean ""“I got from Wilkinson's, large can (400ml) foam action, I used to dry clean all seat facings-see my thread ""eau de doggy""�
2) vanish stain remover oxi action spray action 500ml, I got from Tesco's (other supermarkets are available)-for those harder to remove stains!
Just follow the instructions-always do a small trial area 1<SUP>st</SUP>-did not have any adverse reaction on my seat covering but mine is the darker colour
Good Luck
Regards Spartacus1961

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
NOT NAIL VARNISH REMOVER. most are acetone-based and have a wonderful habit of disolving plastics and may affect the synthetic content of your seat covering.

Another vote for Vanish or a solution of bircarbonate of soda which will break down the cocoa solids.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its not just plastics that Acetone will dissolve, I used to work in the laying up of Hulls for speedboats, we used acetone to clean tools and very rarely cuts, There were health and safety issues then (some 20yrs ago) that basically said let it penetrate your skin and you increase the risks of dying. But the nail varnish remover is safer, just!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts