Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I have started the engine on my 2015 1.2 petrol Techna note here is a continuous squeeking . What could cause this?

·
Registered
856 Posts
First choice (and quite common ) is a slipping fan belt.
Second choice is the water pump bearing.
On old engines the cam belt idle pulley bearing can get noisy but that's unlikley to be your problem.
I'd check out the fan belt first, and it's easy to change or tighten up.
There is also the alternator bearing but that's relatively rare to give squeaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First choice (and quite common ) is a slipping fan belt.
Second choice is the water pump bearing.
On old engines the cam belt idle pulley bearing can get noisy but that's unlikley to be your problem.
I'd check out the fan belt first, and it's easy to change or tighten up.
There is also the alternator bearing but that's relatively rare to give squeaks.
Thanks for that, I also have the LDW & BSW green lights on the dash flashing on and off. Any idea as to why?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sorry i can't advise on the flashing lights. It's not a feature on my car cos it's a Acenta plus, not a teckna.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
56 Posts
From the manual, it might be b/c the rear camera is dirty:

I have not seen this light on but the lane detection is always much better after I wash my car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the manual, it might be b/c the rear camera is dirty: View attachment 1313

I have not seen this light on but the lane detection is always much better after I wash my car.
Thanks for that , I have cleaned the lens and that appears to have done the trick, spookily the squeaking has stopped at the same time.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
56 Posts
If the squeak noise is due to aux belt system, it may be first only appear in cold weather.
Better to fix it as soon as possible, since belt slipping and friction would heat up pulleys and bearings.
This explains various reasons and problems of belt system:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts