Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Nigel was right, it's been a year and he's still got it? Sod the squeaky front wheel

Here you go "Devonboy" something else to take you back, I can hear you humming it from here

We had to move away
'Cos the rent we couldn't pay.
The moving van came round just after dark.
There was me and my old man,
Shoving things inside the van,
Which we'd often done before, let me remark.
We packed all that could be packed
In the van, and that's a fact.
And we got inside all that we could get inside.
Then we packed all we could pack
On the tailboard at the back,
Till there wasn't any room for me to ride.

Refrain:
My old man said: "Foller the van,
And don't dilly-dally on the way".
Off went the van wiv me 'ome packed in it.
I walked be'ind wiv me old cock linnet.
But I dillied and dallied,
Dallied and dillied;
Lost me way and don't know where to roam.
And you can't trust a "Special"
Like the old-time copper
When you can't find your way home.
I gave a helping hand
With the marble wash hand-stand,
And straight, we wasn't getting on so bad.
All at once, the car-man bloke
Had an accident and broke,
Well, the nicest bit of china that we had.
You'll understand, of course,
I was cross about the loss.
Same as any other human woman would.
But I soon got over that,
What with "two out" and a chat,
'Cos it's little things like that what does you good.
Refrain:

Oh! I'm in such a mess.
I don't know the new address -
Don't even know the blessed neighbourhood.
And I feel as if I might
Have to stay out here all night.
And that ain't a goin' to do me any good.
I don't make no complaint
But I'm coming over faint,
What I want now's a good substantial feed,
And I sort 'o kind 'o feel,
If I don't soon have a meal,
I shall have to rob the linnet of its seed!
Refrain:

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Oh dear....what has this website become. A chat room for the ol' duffers, with buttons on their jackets......or was that the Pearly Kings & Queens.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Boysie, It took a long time for me to get to be an ol' duffer. They do say the older one gets the more you revert back to your childhood, and do you know what, I kinda like it. give us oldun's our few minutes of glory. Life was better in those halcyon days when a return ticket on the Torbay Express from Paddington to Torquay was 48/- return.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Boysie said:
Oh dear....what has this website become. A chat room for the ol' duffers, with buttons on their jackets......or was that the Pearly Kings & Queens.

To be fair, it's more interesting than discussing the motors that Nissan now produce.

Having great fun at the moment introducing my three-year-old grandson to the delights of 'Supermarionation' and the wonders of Gerry Anderson's catalogue of delights.

Trouble is, I now have an 'ear-worm' of the Fireball XL5 theme.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Got any other grand kids Nigel, or is this the first?
Do you remember on a Saturday mornningon the wireless with "Children's Favourites"?

Oh the babies knuckle or the babies knee
where will the babies dimple be?

The runaway train went over the hill and she blew

Christopher Robin went down on Alice

Or how about "Two way family favourites" (With a smile in your heart) on a Sunday lunch time? I always wondered where BFPO was

What squeaky brakes you talking about
It's the same on most posts, once you get to page 4 it goes off topic, mind you we had a topic about fitting your own timingbelt, and one member fitted their own belt and ended up three teeth out
, I think that one ended up at about 15 pages, al within a short time.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Two grandchildren, the second is just coming up to her first birthday.

The oldest loves Stingray. My dad (God rest his soul) used to work with Reg Hill at Walton Studios. Reg went on to be the main storyboard artist, model maker and eventually producer on Supercar, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and many more Gerry Anderson productions. Dad died over twenty years ago but I am sure would be delighted that his great-grandson is enthralled by his mate's work.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Well done Gerry. Wait till they get older, they get more expensive

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
I rermember 'Listen with Mother', on the radio. Mind you, she was always ironing.

Four Feather Falls
Fireball XL5.
Stingray..........altogether now.!

Marina, Aqua Marina,<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">What are these strange enchantments that start whenever you're near?<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Marina, Aqua Marina,<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Why can't you whisper the words my heart is longing to hear?<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Your magic to me, a beautiful mystery.<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">I'm certain to fall I know, because you enthrall me so.<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Marina, Aqua Marina,<br style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb249, 249, 249;">Why don't you say, that you'll always stay, close to my heart.

That Marina was right ***** puppet..

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
We were living at my Nans when they first got a telly, just to watch the Coronation
No not Coronation Street

Here comes Muffin, Muffin the mule OK who remembers Muffin the mule, dancing on top of a grand piano?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are lucky that they sell the perfect solution to a problem we didn't know we had

Copper grease isn't a lubricant, it is just bunged on the back of the pads to stop chatter, you are correct that it shouldn't be used with aluminium, but most of us old duffers have been using the same tin for the last 40 years and never had a problem with steel bolts into aluminium, (however stainless steel into aluminium will never come back out, no matter what anti-seize you put on the threads)
What a complete load of rubbish! Marine windows and doors are made from aluminium using stainless steel screws, bolts and fittings..,,I’ve stripped out and refurbished doors and windows after 15 years of being exposed to salt water and sea air and still been able to get the screws and bolts out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've not read every reply, or close! When shims aren't used on brake pads, they chirp and squeek like you've got a little sparrow in your wheel arch. This is the sound of metal moving over the graphite in your brake dust. It's not unsafe whatsoever, just very annoying. Cheap pads tend to not come with shims :)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts