Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our front passenger seat is squeaking like a mad thing if anyone sits on it. I did wonder if it was the storage box, so removed it all. But no, still there and still squeaking. So annoying. Has anyone else had a problem with a squeaky seat?

Russ

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It's very strange, but whenever my wife sat in the passenger seat there was a really loud squeaking sound coming from that side of the car. Upon investigation, I found that it was nothing to do with the seat...the squeak was coming from inside her! Off to hospital we went, where a scan revealed a LIVE MOUSE in my wife's lower regions. Apparently she dozed off one night and...HER PUSSY FELL ASLEEP

·
Registered
12 Posts
what i have managed to do which sort of stops this noise abit is slide the seat forward or back but slightly twist the base of the seat as you do it... ie. when pulling the seat, move one cheek ahead of the other slightly.

not sure if its healthy for the seat but it does work, just means that if someone moves the seat you have to do it again.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
If you lift up the cushion, and look at the bar that the cushion pivots on, it moves up and down.

Due to the superb design skills at Nissan, all that holds the front half
of the seat is two of the teeniest weeniest little screws that you ever
did see.

Naturally, if anyone actually sits on the seat these come undone (Who'd have thought that might ever happen
)

This is why if you lean on the front of the seat it tips up.

Anyway, you can tighten them with a bit of trim wrenching.

Bet this is your problem.

I nearly had the welder to mine, but they tightened up ok, and I don't often have a passenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts