Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of "traffic Calming" speed bumps where I live and my front bushes are squeaking. They are all tight enough as the car has recently done an MOT. Has anyone tried spraying them with silicone spray to quieten them down. Has it lasted?

Ta.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give it a go today and it is quiet at the moment I would imagine the first wet day will wash it off. Anyone found a more permanent solution?

Ta.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine are terrible but I have had them checked and there is nothing wrong. Best garage could suggest is to grease them up when we get some drier weather but I haven't bothered so far. I'm wondering if all the salt is not helping.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
3twins said:
Anyone found a more permanent solution?

Ta.
Same as the squeaky fanbelt...

If you have a Connect: rotate the left hand knob clockwise until you cannot hear the offending noise anymore

Works for me

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
In the spirit of Health and safety I should have said "If there is definitely nothing mechanically wrong.....turn the radio up"

Wouldn't want someone just ignoring a wheelbearing seizing up or something

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Squeaking starting to return. I'm thinking of trying silicone grease now as it might last a bit longer.......turning the radio up also works:)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's important to use a grease that is compatible with rubber as some will definately make rubber perish into a soft mush, the stuff specified for brake seals etc is red rubber grease, made by various companies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts